+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What form to use for open work permit in PR application?

chelestemarie

Jan 19, 2018
Hello,

I am getting sponsored by my common law partner to move from the United States into Canada. I am currently here on a visitor visa ( I didn't know I would be trying for PR at the time of arrival). We are about to send in our PR application but I am wanting to be able to work here while we are in process and want to submit the right form for open work permit. I do not have a job offer and am not currently employed anywhere.

What form should I submit with our PR application to fast track my ability to obtain a job while we wait for the processing of pr?

Thanks in advance.

chelestemarie

Jan 19, 2018
Thank you. I have seen this before. I am not sure what box to check for what I am applying for since I don't already have a work permit or a job offer.

The choices are:
* A work permit with same employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker
* an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Temporary Resident Permit

I am assuming An initial work permit would be the option but I am not sure since it has (new employer) attached.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. I have seen this before. I am not sure what box to check for what I am applying for since I don't already have a work permit or a job offer.

The choices are:
* A work permit with same employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker
* an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Temporary Resident Permit

I am assuming An initial work permit would be the option but I am not sure since it has (new employer) attached.

Yes, that is correct. It is "An initial work permit OR a work permit with a new employer".