+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What field of education is a BSc degree in psychology?

Vinzi0905

Jan 15, 2023
I studied 4 years in UVic to get a 4 year BSc degree in psychology. What field would it fall under? Arts, General? Or any of the Science?

D

Deleted member 1083629

I studied 4 years in UVic to get a 4 year BSc degree in psychology. What field would it fall under? Arts, General? Or any of the Science?
Since you have Bachelor of SCIENCE, your degree falls under Science.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Hi, thanks for the reply! So, would that be Science, General?
It should be if there is no other option.

Out of curiosity (I just checked my nomination profile and Post-ITA profile), where that question is appearing? I didn't find anything in my documents; it was just "Bachelor's degree"

Vinzi0905

Jan 15, 2023
It should be if there is no other option.

Out of curiosity (I just checked my nomination profile and Post-ITA profile), where that question is appearing? I didn't find anything in my documents; it was just "Bachelor's degree"
It wasn't post ITA. It came up when I was creating my profile to add to the pool. The reason I asked was because there is either Science General or Arts General, and Arts General doesn't seem to give any points for Canadian Education.

D

Deleted member 1083629

It wasn't post ITA. It came up when I was creating my profile to add to the pool. The reason I asked was because there is either Science General or Arts General, and Arts General doesn't seem to give any points for Canadian Education.
Found it. General science should be fine. I don’t think it matters too much.

Arts general should give you the same number of points, if everything else is the same. Both are 4 years degrees, just from different faculties.

Reactions: cz999

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
General science. The best thing to do is go to a uni website try to look for a science degree under the sub category it usually gives a list of science under general or under science arts.