+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What factors are considered in grant of study permit?

jhita

Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Nov.
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
25th Nov.
LANDED..........
18th Dec.
1) relevant study
2) financial background, loan,etc.
what else, do they see. Student's family, i.e the parent's qualifications and job.
Student's academic performance and IELTS
Relatives in Canada

Do these would have any impact?and of what kind. Or, is it the Visa Officer's mood. I dont think mood should have any role to play.......

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to have been accepted to a college
You need to show that you have money for the 1st years tuition plus $10,000 for your living expenses
You need to show that you intend to leave Canada again once you finish your studies, could include strong family ties in your homeland, good job opportunities in your homeland after you graduate, assets in your homeland etc.

Relatives in Canada can work against you for that 3rd part. If you have close relatives in Canada, immigration may not believe that you intend to return to your homeland after you graduate.

jhita

Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Nov.
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
25th Nov.
LANDED..........
18th Dec.
Leon said:
You need to show that you intend to leave Canada again once you finish your studies, could include strong family ties in your homeland, good job opportunities in your homeland after you graduate, assets in your homeland etc.
How I could prove that?
For spp applicants, they require one to submit only the documents specified by them, even an SOP(Statement of Purpose) should not be included according to them. Nevertheless, I could provide the job oppurtunities with an SOP. How to prove strong family ties? I guess, I am the only son, legal heir of my parent's property and I could be the one to take care of them after their retirement. But which document would have to be included for that (family ties)??
Regarding assets, I could fill these, but in which document (please specify), for the spp application?