+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers actually mean

alokyad

Nov 4, 2009
Guys,

I am also confused as I am working as Test Lead managing a team of 12 people but my designation is not Test Manager. Do I qualify under 0213??

Cheers
AY

Totbatot

Oct 20, 2009
@ Etienne

I believe you should be ok as I am myself heading a sub department of Technical team consisting BI developers. I am working as Head of Technical Projects in Business Intelligence Unit of a bank and title doesn't matter as much as duties and your Job description do.

Since we are on the same boat, I don't feel there are any problems in our cases. BI is sub set of Information systems and whatever falls under MIS comes under the notion of BI.

@ alokyad

Title doesn't matter but you JD should be strong enough to support what lies in NOC 0213.

Thanks

irfan_education

Oct 28, 2009
omm said:
Hi Friends,
please guide me:

1)Systems Administrator.
2) Network Engineer and IT assistant (EDP CED Office)
3) Network engineer
4) software developer

above Experience letter skills covered under 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers .

Please reply me.
Thanks,
ommkumar
Los Angeles (USA)
Above posts are not included in 0213 computer manager category....

Your job duties must match with your work experience.......
You may be a software developer, not under 0213.
But Software Developement Manager are seniors who manages software developer, they are the leaders, managers, directors or head of department and well experience....

Good Luck

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, and what about this, I am confused and I dont get more depth details on it. I past my experience letter is:

This is to confirm that OMMKUMAR DESAI, is a part of our Infotech
Technologies technical team working as a Systems Administrator & Information Technology
Advisor
, he is with us from October 2008 to Till date he is working with us on H1 B
status with our approved INS petition # EAC-08-XX1-XXXXX.

His responsibilities include:
• Install & Maintain the proper operation of all the IT related equipment.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing
and computer systems operations and development.
• Document the actual work.
• Document the problems faced & the solutions.
• Report all document to the supervisor on a daily basis.
• Monitor network health.
• Deal with outside Tech on all IT equipment & Services

is that fine and all duties covered the under 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers.
thanks in advance,
Omm

irfan_education

Oct 28, 2009
Dear Friends,
Your job duties doesn't match with 0213. You are with the NOC Code 228. Subcategories of 228 are 2281,2282 and 2283. Please check all this NOC and compare your job duties with those NOC. You are in Skill B Category.

228 Technical Occupations in Computer and Information Systems

2281 Computer Network Technicians
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2281
2282 User Support Technicians
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2282
2283 Systems Testing Technicians
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2283

You must be in 2281 Computer Network Technicians... Please refer this matrix and try to understand it.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/html/Matrix.html

Feel free to contact...
Good Luck

Totbatot

Oct 20, 2009
That's right Omm your JD should reflect administration and management of applications and systems, NOT just develop, design, implement or deployment of those systems. That's what the difference between managers and developers in IT/IS.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so I can qualified for PR or not. 2281 Computer Network Technicians is good for me to file PR. I am on H1B.
so I am qualified in anyone NOC for file my PR. please inform me so, i will file for Federal Skilled worker PR.
Thanks,
OMM Desai

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also working for EDP deparment and it match in 0213. i dont understand much more. some people says title is not matched but duties will match then fine, and my duties some like EDP etc match.
but simple I can apply for Federal skilled workers or not under any NOC code.
thanks

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys for reply, please confirm and guide me with this experience letter under 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers

This is to confirm that OMMKUMAR DESAI, is a part of our Infotech
Technologies technical team working as a a Computer Networks Manager & Information Technology Advisor he is with us from October 2008 to Till date he is working with us on H1 B
status with our approved INS petition # EAC-08-XX1-XXXXX.

His responsibilities include:
• Install & Maintain the proper operation of all the IT related computer networking, hardware equipment, servers & software’s.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing (EDP) and fully support computer systems operations over network and network development.
• Manage databases for EDP office, taking backups & restore databases and Administration for new database systems for EDP office.
• Responsible for designing and programming of the forms, reports and making user friendly interface for the software according to the given data definitions, Testing, Installation and Maintenance of the software at the our company’s area and for outside Tech customers. Managing software For Invoice system for company, assist office users and customers for the same.
• Responsible for the development of logic in the software for various calculations, programming of appropriate validations, designing menus, popup menus and deploy it over the network for the EDP office.
• Monitor network health, disaster recovery of physical network and computerized networking systems.
• Discussed with direct clients to network system requirements for client organization, discussed for all IT required specifications, decision making for costs and projected timelines for purchase and install at client location.
• Manage IT teams of information systems to network design, develop, implementation of new projects; maintain old projects and new project, network administration of all computers over the network and telecommunications software with VOIP systems.
• Also responsible for Installation upgrade old systems/servers to new systems/server as required by clients and our organization, all servers / hardware, software’s over the network, problem solving any issue related network.
• Deal with outside Tech customers and clients on all network equipment, servers, all Services include Software’s and Telecommunication hardware & software services.
• Creating documentation of networking for IT Infrastructure at all departments, document with actual work.
• Document the problems faced & the solutions, Report all document to the Director of IT on a daily basis.

Please advise me and if you guys have any sample of experience letter please send me on my email : ommnetinfosys@yahoo.com or jobsinpoland@yahoo.com

waiting for replies guys.

thanks,
ommkumar desai.

rhmanalili

Nov 6, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2009
Doc's Request.
19-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-07-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010 / 27-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-09-2011
Dear all,

I am also one of those at a loss on the Definition of Computer and Information Systems Managers.

I am actually an IT professional and have been working on the software development offshoring arm of a multinational company here in the Philippines. My question basically is will my work experience qualify for this? I have actually managed development teams, plan, organize, etc. but all these things were confined to the nature of the offshoring business (i.e. I am not fully planning, organizing, etc. on a system that we regularly maintain). We receive jobs (development components) from our offshore counterparts and we work on them and deliver the components. The actual software system is any of (a) a product that the mother company owns (b) a system that a customer owns.

Appreciate if anyone can shed light on this so I could fully understand the expectations if I do decide to lodge my application.

Best regards

I

isysy

I've applied as 0213. I got a positive letter from CIO-Sydney and just recently (days ago) submitted full documentation to Manila Embassy. I'm working as a Technical Support and QA Manager with more than 2 years exp, 5+ years with the same company. I have no college degree, but got high marks in IELTS. In reality, 95% of whats under 0213 is what I've been doing for the past 2 years.

I have no tips for now, but if i'll be successful, I'll be sharing my 0213 experiences here.

Thanks!

vhiware

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
i am on H1B in USA. I would like to apply for canada PR under FSW. My job title is database administrator/database analyst.
Can i apply under FSW using NOC catagory 2172 Database Analysts and Data Administrators ??

thanks in advance.

rain

Jan 19, 2010
I think one can't say a sure about 38 occupation thare will be always doubts weather we falls or not the best is apply and see the result. As if we keep on thinking of drowning can't be good swimmer.

Regards

imm2can

Jan 19, 2010
isysy said:
I've applied as 0213. I got a positive letter from CIO-Sydney and just recently (days ago) submitted full documentation to Manila Embassy. I'm working as a Technical Support and QA Manager with more than 2 years exp, 5+ years with the same company. I have no college degree, but got high marks in IELTS. In reality, 95% of whats under 0213 is what I've been doing for the past 2 years.

I have no tips for now, but if i'll be successful, I'll be sharing my 0213 experiences here.

Thanks!
Can you please post your experience letter here. That will be helpful for many of us

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Guys, based on this experience letter I have received my positive AOR from NS.

Project Manager:

• Meet clients to discuss system requirements, specification.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information system projects.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentations and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful project elements.
• Assemble and manage team of information system personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer software system.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflict within project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Track project milestone and deliverables.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and advise contingency plans.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their work.