+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What CIC Portal "Link" options are available for Refugee Claimant?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
A. December 7, 2021
B. IMM 14428
C.Just want to know if you have a eligible family member for me it was my father. No question asked about why i am seeking asylum.
D. They usually prefer the family member to come to border to receive you if possible if not then they will talk on phone.

For regular border crossing you have to have the exception of safe third country
Very good info. Thanks for replying and so fast.

A- What do you mean by exception of safe third country? i.e. not have claimed refugee in USA?

B- After entering, I am assuming you filed BoC within 15-45 days (with help of a lawyer or yourself) and now waiting for IRB to give you a court date? which might be 22 months from now? Are these the right steps?

C- I also wonder if an irregular crosser who did have family member but did not disclose can disclose after entering to avoid or to get a faster "eligibility interview" which sounds and seems like a real waste of time. Something that border agents should not leave to later.

Last edited:

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
Very good info. Thanks for replying and so fast.

A- What do you mean by exception of safe third country? i.e. not have claimed refugee in USA?

B- After entering, I am assuming you filed BoC within 15-45 days (with help of a lawyer or yourself) and now waiting for IRB to give you a court date? which might be 22 months from now? Are these the right steps?

C- I also wonder if an irregular crosser who did have family member but did not disclose can disclose after entering to avoid or to get a faster "eligibility interview" which sounds and seems like a real waste of time. Something that border agents should not leave to later.
A. Safe third country agreememt means why didnt i claim asylum in USA. For me it is exemptee because i have family in Canada.

B. I submitted my BOC after 34 days with the help of a lawyer as it is recommended but you can submit it by urself as well onlin bthrough refugee portal. 22 months is notnfor hearing date but for the decision.

C. Irregular border crossing then disclosung that you have family wont get you faster or let you avoid eligibility interview because those borders are not equipped to do so like the legal borders.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
A. Im not familiar with the current changes due to covid protocols. But you can submit BOC paper-based to the regional office, by fax if your BOC is less than 20pages, courier or electronically by secured e-Post. If you do so, make sure you have original copy with you. Counsel can do this on your behalf on Phase 3 My Case project

B. No. Im not licensed Immigration lawyer, and i dont know good one in your Region. I believe you are in GTA, I'm in Vancouver.
A- Do you know how much legal aid pays lawyers to help refugees?

B- Is it a lump sum payment or per hour?

C- Can a refugee change lawyer half way (due lazy laywer etc...) and get a new lawyer who may again help using legal aid or does legal aid only cover one lawyer?

Thanks,

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
A- Do you know how much legal aid pays lawyers to help refugees?

B- Is it a lump sum payment or per hour?

C- Can a refugee change lawyer half way (due lazy laywer etc...) and get a new lawyer who may again help using legal aid or does legal aid only cover one lawyer?

Thanks,
A. I dont know
B. I dont know
C. You can change a lawyer but you cant transfer and or ask for legal aid. You can only make a case if your counsel has been suspended and can no longer practice

Reactions: torontob
Jan 25, 2022
good greeting
I am a refugee (Hashem Nizar Abed). I had previously met with the Canadian Embassy on 11/5/2018 and also completed the necessary medical examinations. The interview was 44 months ago. I implore your humanity and kindness to consider my case, I am a patient with a heart condition and have undergone a super specialty surgery. Two years ago, I had surgery on my right eye, and I had another operation on my left eye.

Jan 25, 2022
I hashim nzar abed abed
good greeting
I am a refugee (Hashem Nizar Abed). I had previously met with the Canadian Embassy on 11/5/2018 and also completed the necessary medical examinations. The interview was 44 months ago. I implore your humanity and kindness to consider my case, I am a patient with a heart condition and have undergone a super specialty surgery. Two years ago, I had surgery on my right eye, and I had another operation on my left eye. By the way, I am in Turkey

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
good greeting
I am a refugee (Hashem Nizar Abed). I had previously met with the Canadian Embassy on 11/5/2018 and also completed the necessary medical examinations. The interview was 44 months ago. I implore your humanity and kindness to consider my case, I am a patient with a heart condition and have undergone a super specialty surgery. Two years ago, I had surgery on my right eye, and I had another operation on my left eye.
It is probably better if you find an immigration consultant to follow up on your case as 44 months since interview is very long time. Usually only few months after medical exam you receive request for passport. Sometimes they ask for re-medical or further medical too.

You can also file a web form and try to contact the embassy email directly but it sounds like someone who knows the system better may provide you a faster follow up process.