+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the steps for my employer to obtain no fee Lmia?

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Hello
I'm in Alberta. My employer is interested in applying Lmia for his skilled worker positions. How can he able to obtain the no fee Lmia?
Can somebody share the link?

Many thanks

san887

Jan 14, 2015
Thank you to start this thread regarding LMIA. I would need the same information how to process and get positive LMIA?

If anybody have clear idea , kindly respond hand help!!

Regards
San K

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
is it true to get a positive LMIA:

The employers need to show that they are paying the employee above median wage for the particular job and location.

for example:
I am a new grad i am getting $29 / hour for NOC 2173 in Ottawa, however the median for NOC 2173 is $43/ hour in Ottawa.
if this is true i would never get a positive LMIA

How are new graduates (working on PGWP) supposed to get LMIA because any entry level job is not gonna pay you at median.

so no positive LMIA, no 600 points.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
malik786 said:
is it true to get a positive LMIA:

The employers need to show that they are paying the employee above median wage for the particular job and location.

for example:
I am a new grad i am getting $29 / hour for NOC 2173 in Ottawa, however the median for NOC 2173 is $43/ hour in Ottawa.
if this is true i would never get a positive LMIA

How are new graduates (working on PGWP) supposed to get LMIA because any entry level job is not gonna pay you at median.

so no positive LMIA, no 600 points.
Yea well that is exactly the case. I am also on PGWP and I know how bad this sucks.

Can you let me know how did you find your median wage? I need to find mine, so that I can tell my employer and see them laugh at me.

But still, can you send me a link?

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
the only option i see now is making somehow through on 400 + points..

A new undergraduate out of university with one year experience cannot get more than 444 points
UNLESS
he works for one more year or he starts his master.

Follow the maths

Age (assuming you are between 21-29) ---------------- 110
Undergraduate Degree ----------------------------------- 120
One year Canadian experience -------------------------- 40
Ielts (you dont loose any points - perfect ielts) -------- 136
Transfer ability factor (maximum) ---------------------- 38

TOTAL points 444.

LMIA cannot be positive because of median wage issue

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
malik786 said:

A new undergraduate out of university with one year experience cannot get more than 444 points
UNLESS

Follow the maths

TOTAL points 444.

It really sucks Canada decided to do this but that's the way it is. The only way to get round it is PNP, which for some provinces it's viable. (E.g. SK grad with SK job can apply PNP at 6-month mark, no LMIA required. Outside-of-SK grad needs 2 years)

Or hope little people under LMO right now wants to immigrate and the seats goes to those without LMO/LMIA.

scanada4

Jan 2, 2015
Lol, all the requirements for acquiring a LMIA seem to be close to impossible to cover
www(dot)canadianimmigration(dot)net/work/labor-market-impact-assessment/

san887

Jan 14, 2015
Hello mates - do you guys know any immi. lawyer who can help me in getting postive LMIA. I have ready employer for sponsoring job...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
dukhi said:
What implications will it have on the employer if he is going to apply for an lmia for me?
That includes paying you prevalent wage for your NOC and location, re-advertising the job you are working on, getting all documentations done in CIC spec, fill out 10+ pages of forms and maybe more.

I suspect many employers/managers hate dealing with immigration documents, can't bear the legal obligations, maybe extra cost on advertising (if they hire a hiring agent)

MGFcec2014

Feb 2, 2015
Good afternoon everyone, I had a very specific question regarding LMIA application form. My employer has agreed to apply for the LMIA on my behalf however he and I assumed that the fees were supposed to be waived when supporting someones PR; however in the very first page of LMIA application form, it states the following as the reason for requesting the LMIA:

"permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the permanent resident visa is issued). This option does not have a processing fee."

or

"work permit application and permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or while their permanent residence application being processed). This option requires paying a processing fee."

Does this mean that if he has already hired me and have been working for the past 9 months for him, does he have to pay this fee??

Please advise

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malik786 said:

UNLESS

Follow the maths

TOTAL points 444.

Don't think your points calculation for Skill Transferability is correct. Due to the perfect English language scores, you will get 25 points for Education and 25 points for Canadian work experience (1+ years & post secondary) which will equate to 50 points and thus 456 points.

The people who will score highest in Human Capital are those who qualify for both FSW and CEC (and have perfect English scores) as they will gain close to the maximum points for Skill Transferability.