+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my realistic chances with CRS score of 481?

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
Some highlights of my profile:
  • My NOC code is 2174 with 4 years of foreign experience
  • English proficiency score is CLB 10
  • Masters degree evaluated by WES
  • Age is 29, but I'll be 30 in October
  • Current CRS score is 481 which will drop by 5 when I reach 30 years of age in 2 months
  • I do not have any Canadian degree, experience or connection
  • I am unmarried
I understand that Express Entry draws are selecting very few candidates per draw, and it will take several months for the cutoff score to drop to 481 (or 476 which will be as per my age by the time CRS cutoff has dropped enough).

I am generally interested in knowing about my chances via PNP. Most PNP programs either require a connection to province or a job offer (like Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway, BC, etc.). I believe my only hope is either Ontario Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream or Saskatchewan Express Entry program.

My Saskatchewan Express Entry profile score will not exceed 63 while they regularly draw candidates with scores of at least 68-71.

Can anyone guess how far into the future next Ontario HCP draw will take place, looking at the previous trend? Will they apply a maximum cutoff limit of 467 this time as well?

Also, is there a PNP program that accepts applications without job offer in their province?

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
You already analyzed youself well - 476 is not gonna cut in EE, SINP is impossible, OINP HCP is your only chance etc. You can also try PEI, although they never publish their cutoff.. Alberta may send you an invitation, they never publish their selection criteria either.

Reactions: auzair

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
You already analyzed youself well - 476 is not gonna cut in EE, SINP is impossible, OINP HCP is your only chance etc. You can also try PEI, although they never publish their cutoff.. Alberta may send you an invitation, they never publish their selection criteria either.
I'm hoping I can get into Alberta's general Express Entry program (AINP) but I'm not sure since my NOC is related to tech and they have a separate Tech pathway which requires job offer.

Also, I haven't read much about PEI, I'll look into it now. Thank you.

Reactions: Ultraxion

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I'm hoping I can get into Alberta's general Express Entry program (AINP) but I'm not sure since my NOC is related to tech and they have a separate Tech pathway which requires job offer.

Also, I haven't read much about PEI, I'll look into it now. Thank you.
Do read about New Brunswick PNP too, even though their EE program is temporarily on-hold. IT is generally in-demand there, so keep track of it. They've an info session-cum-virtual job fair coming up in Sept. If it interests you, do sign-up for the same.

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
Do read about New Brunswick PNP too, even though their EE program is temporarily on-hold. IT is generally in-demand there, so keep track of it. They've an info session-cum-virtual job fair coming up in Sept. If it interests you, do sign-up for the same.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I just took a look at NB Virtual Recruitment event and it looks interesting. I'll definitely sign up for it.

rajbabu23

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Chennai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
@auzair I am in quite a similar situation as you. My CRS is currently 472 and I will lose 5 points in Feb-2023. My NOC is 2173 with 7 years of experience. I have Masters Equivalency from CES and CLB 9 in IELTS.
  • SINP is out of equation for me as my UG degree and work experience are not related.
  • I have PEIPNP profile from Jun'22 with a score of 80 but haven't heard from them till now.
  • Alberta of course requires job offer :(
  • NB Virtual Recruitment Event is something which I am looking forward to.
  • You can check out on the Quebec Tech Pilot Program. However, intakes are currently on hold and expected to open again on 31-Oct-22. Knowing French would give you additional edge here.
  • Newfoundland Labrador have this Priority Skills Questionnaire which includes IT skills as well. However even here, intakes are on hold.
  • I am eagerly waiting for OINP HCP Tech Draw and praying that the selection CRS range falls within the score of 472!
  • Please do post if you find any other program which doesn't require job offer
Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
@auzair I am in quite a similar situation as you. My CRS is currently 472 and I will lose 5 points in Feb-2023. My NOC is 2173 with 7 years of experience. I have Masters Equivalency from CES and CLB 9 in IELTS.
  • SINP is out of equation for me as my UG degree and work experience are not related.
  • I have PEIPNP profile from Jun'22 with a score of 80 but haven't heard from them till now.
  • You can check out on the Quebec Tech Pilot Program. However, intakes are currently on hold and expected to open again on 31-Oct-22. Knowing French would give you additional edge here.
  • Newfoundland Labrador have this Priority Skills Questionnaire which includes IT skills as well. However even here, intakes are on hold.
  • I am eagerly waiting for OINP HCP Tech Draw and praying that the selection CRS range falls within the score of 472!
Hi! You're quite right, our profiles overlap significantly.

I didn't know about Quebec Tech Pilot Program. I'll make sure to look into it. Meanwhile, let's hope OINP HCP Tech draw arrives soon! :D

And sure, let's try and keep each other informed about any updates that might be relevant to us. :)

Reactions: rajbabu23

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I just took a look at NB Virtual Recruitment event and it looks interesting. I'll definitely sign up for it.
hey i realised that the virtual event listed on NB's website isn't for IT sector. Register yourself for the 27-28th Sept event on the website below. They will have information session organised by NB plus the recruitement event where companies consider international candidates too for hiring.
https://g-tac-expo.com/

hey if you're studying french, then Alberta would also develop an affinity towards you without a job offer :)

In any case, I'm sure that both of you will get invited in an OINP tech draw with your scores. It's just a matter of when and not if.

In case you guys are still waiting for an ITA by the time the g-tac event is organised, just respond on this message here and i'll guide you on how to approach that session.

Good luck!

Reactions: rajbabu23

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
hey i realised that the virtual event listed on NB's website isn't for IT sector. Register yourself for the 27-28th Sept event on the website below. They will have information session organised by NB plus the recruitement event where companies consider international candidates too for hiring.
https://g-tac-expo.com/

hey if you're studying french, then Alberta would also develop an affinity towards you without a job offer :)

In any case, I'm sure that both of you will get invited in an OINP tech draw with your scores. It's just a matter of when and not if.

In case you guys are still waiting for an ITA by the time the g-tac event is organised, just respond on this message here and i'll guide you on how to approach that session.

Good luck!
Please guide me as well, thanks!

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Please guide me as well, thanks!
of course man.. start with registering for the event :)
we can connect again closer to the event date and i'll share my experience of attending the last session held in april.. and hopefully guide you with steps to take/ avoid (PS: I just chatted with the immigration officers of NB last time, this time I'm going to work towards getting a job offer) :)

Trayceee

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
Thank u for posting I am going to try NB pnp . My noc is 3012. I was waiting on Ontario too but its frustrating

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
of course man.. start with registering for the event :)
we can connect again closer to the event date and i'll share my experience of attending the last session held in april.. and hopefully guide you with steps to take/ avoid (PS: I just chatted with the immigration officers of NB last time, this time I'm going to work towards getting a job offer) :)
Thank you buddy

Reactions: Rohit Chhabra

kaashi14

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Some highlights of my profile:
  • My NOC code is 2174 with 4 years of foreign experience
  • English proficiency score is CLB 10
  • Masters degree evaluated by WES
  • Age is 29, but I'll be 30 in October
  • Current CRS score is 481 which will drop by 5 when I reach 30 years of age in 2 months
  • I do not have any Canadian degree, experience or connection
  • I am unmarried
I understand that Express Entry draws are selecting very few candidates per draw, and it will take several months for the cutoff score to drop to 481 (or 476 which will be as per my age by the time CRS cutoff has dropped enough).

I am generally interested in knowing about my chances via PNP. Most PNP programs either require a connection to province or a job offer (like Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway, BC, etc.). I believe my only hope is either Ontario Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream or Saskatchewan Express Entry program.

My Saskatchewan Express Entry profile score will not exceed 63 while they regularly draw candidates with scores of at least 68-71.

Can anyone guess how far into the future next Ontario HCP draw will take place, looking at the previous trend? Will they apply a maximum cutoff limit of 467 this time as well?

Also, is there a PNP program that accepts applications without job offer in their province?
Hi @auzair I have a similar profile as well and coincidentally I'm from Pakistan as well. NOC 2175 with 2 years of experience and CRS of 464. I hope it's enough for next OINP Tech Draw. Please do let me know if you get any good opportunity for our IT NOC Codes in any province or get a job offer.

Reactions: auzair