+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What after the visa office ask's for my passport?

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Dear all,

After a long wait I have got a letter from Visa office asking me to send my passport. Is this a good sign? I was actually hoping they would give me a interview date. But nothing of that sort was mentioned. They are just asking me to send my passport. Does it mean that there is no interview required? What happens next?

Maybe someone can answer this for me?

Thanks!
Mridula

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Which visa office asking for your passport. every visa office has different procedure of asking passport

tell me exactly which visa office.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
For New Dehli I think you will get your visa then. maybe it will take around 3-4 weeks.

Congratulation..........you will get your VISA within a month or maybe soon.

Best
Rahimi

LCS

May 5, 2005
I WISH, for that 3-4 weeks. The Cdn. Embassy in Lima has had my husband's renewed passport since April 1. That has been 7 weeks. On April 15 they confirmed by email that our case is with an officer for a final review. That is now 5 weeks later. Why is it that some of the offices seem to process the final visa that quickly in the 3-4 weeks, but the Lima Peru office seems to be the absolutely the slowest processing times I've seen so far. Every time we've thought something will happen "soon", it takes twice or three times as long from them.

prab

Mar 23, 2008
hey mirdula, when did you guys sent passport for new delhi?? My wife also sent her passport about 3 weeks earlier. can you post the date u sent passport plz.

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Hi Prab,
Its been exactly 1 week since we sent my passport. Last wednesday is when we posted. I take it that your wife still did not recieve her passport even after 3 weeks. I think all we can do is sit and wait? Let me know when she recieves her passport please :)
She should be recieving it any moment now, isnt it?

Thanks
Mridula

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Howabout the London visa office? My wife and I got a letter dated May 22 requesting her passport and 2 recent photos to be sent to their office with a self-address stamped envelope (9 x 12 inches).

Bhooman

Jun 2, 2008
I am talking about 2004 when I went through the sponsoring my wife process. It was done through New Delhi office. We sent them the passport with a prepaid DHL cover, eventhough they didn't ask for it. And guess what, we got her passport back in exactly 19 days.

My guess is that it is just few more rupees at risk, but it is worth to send a prepaid envelope with your passport.

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Looks like the rules are changed now. No other company other than Blue Dart is taking passports now. And Blue Dart didnt even allow me to put a pre-paid envelope. Well, what can i say. I guess the waiting game begins again and I wonder how long.

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
All,
I still did not hear from Embassy about my Passport. Its been close to a month since I sent them my Passport and i am a little worried. I have not heard from them yet. Am I in for an interview or any long delays?

Thanks
Mridula

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Further to my previous post, is it OK if I email the Embassy or it has to be the sponsor?(My husband sponsered me).

Thanks
Mridula

Bhooman

Jun 2, 2008
9 times out of 10, once they ask for passport in New Delhi office, that means they waived the interview. In most cases if they want an interview, they ask to bring the passport at the time of interview. Never heard them calling for an interview after demanding passport in New Delhi.

Also, you can try sending an email but most likely turn around time for replying email would be longer than recieving your passport back. And yes it doesn't have to be your husband. Unless it has changed since 2004, my wife had sent an email and she got a reply after about 6 weeks.

Currently, my dad's application is in the process under family class and I have treid contacting them by phone as well as email in late February regarding some CRC issues and waiting for the reply. It could be that I have sent the email to wrong address.

If you send them an email, please update if and when you get reply.

Thanks