+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WH visa documents and police certificates question

Phil189

Nov 9, 2016
Hi, i have been approved a WH visa in january and i plan to move to Canada in june.

As far as i know the documents i need once i land in Canada are:

-My valid passport
-My letter of introduction
-Proof of funds 2500 CAD &
-Medical insurance that covers the time ill be staying in the country
-Extra funds for the plane ticket back to home
-Original copies of the documents provided during my IEC application ( which iclude original and translated police certificates, the family information form and a CV)

Am i missing something ?

I also read somewhere that the police certificates are only valid for 3 months. Is that true? Because if yes in theory i would need to reacquire new certificates. (over 3 months have passed between my visa approval and my landing in the country)

Thank you for any help provided.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You have listed everything you need most important are the travel insurance for the duration and showing bank statement with 2500 cad dated no older 7 days before you land . You would not need updated police certificates they are only required as part of the applcation process.

dieguitobueno

Oct 15, 2013
Phil189 said:
Hi, i have been approved a WH visa in january and i plan to move to Canada in june.

As far as i know the documents i need once i land in Canada are:

-My valid passport
-My letter of introduction
-Proof of funds 2500 CAD &
-Medical insurance that covers the time ill be staying in the country
-Extra funds for the plane ticket back to home
-Original copies of the documents provided during my IEC application ( which iclude original and translated police certificates, the family information form and a CV)

Am i missing something ?

I also read somewhere that the police certificates are only valid for 3 months. Is that true? Because if yes in theory i would need to reacquire new certificates. (over 3 months have passed between my visa approval and my landing in the country)

Thank you for any help provided.
Hi Phil,

When you say your valid passport, do you have any visa stamp on it ?
I ask it because I received my POE Letter and I have a TRV Visa multiple entrances (visitor). I've received the POE Letter and they didn't ask for my passport to put any different stamp.

How's your visa stamp ? Do you have one ?

Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
dieguitobueno said:
Hi Phil,

When you say your valid passport, do you have any visa stamp on it ?
I ask it because I received my POE Letter and I have a TRV Visa multiple entrances (visitor). I've received the POE Letter and they didn't ask for my passport to put any different stamp.

How's your visa stamp ? Do you have one ?

Thanks!
WHV/IEC particpants have an entry stamp in passport on arrival which also has a hand written exit date added to it plus a paper work permit will be stapled to the passport page. The work permit page reflects the fact the holder is authorised to work for the validity of the IEC permit assigned at the border.

It is recommended that IEC participants check ALL details of the permit before they leave the CBSA area as is not easy to correct afterwards and can even require a paper application sometimes to correct or extend due to any error which could take months to resolve.