+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES strictness about 'sending directly' for ECA Assessment

Jan 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I'm applying for an ECA under WES for my degree from Bangladesh - BRAC University. I see their requirement is that the documents 'be sent directly to WES by the awarding authority'. Now, my (stupid) University will stamp, sign, and seal the documents in an envelope, but they simply won't put it in the mail and send it themselves because ...well apparently 'they just don't do that'. I'm planning on getting a friend (this whole thing is slightly complicated since I myself am in Canada) to obtain the envelope and fedex it over to WES. If Fedex asks for a return address I'll ask him to put the University's address for 'added legitimacy' (He actually works at the University so should have that authority).

Does anyone have any advice for this situation? How would WES know if the envelope came to them directly anyway? Especially using a service like Fedex?

Thanks for any help!

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Sealed envelope from university can be sent NY candidate itself.I am doing the same so no worries if univ don't send.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theraptororsum said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm applying for an ECA under WES for my degree from Bangladesh - BRAC University. I see their requirement is that the documents 'be sent directly to WES by the awarding authority'. Now, my (stupid) University will stamp, sign, and seal the documents in an envelope, but they simply won't put it in the mail and send it themselves because ...well apparently 'they just don't do that'. I'm planning on getting a friend (this whole thing is slightly complicated since I myself am in Canada) to obtain the envelope and fedex it over to WES. If Fedex asks for a return address I'll ask him to put the University's address for 'added legitimacy' (He actually works at the University so should have that authority).

Does anyone have any advice for this situation? How would WES know if the envelope came to them directly anyway? Especially using a service like Fedex?

Thanks for any help!
You can send it directly to WES, but ensure its stamped, signed and sealed and there no signs of tampering whatsoever.