+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - MBA (masters) evaluated as Bachelor's degree

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
My ECA report says I have 2 Bachelors degree (4 years).
I have submitted my documents for B.E. and MBA. How does it change things for me? Does it change my Score? Do i need to get it corrected?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
nitingpt09 said:
I have submitted my documents for B.E. and MBA. How does it change things for me? Does it change my Score? Do i need to get it corrected?
Check with WES why they did that? You would get slightly less points than Master's (I think 1 or 2) - not much difference in CRS but you would still want to know why they evaluated it lower

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
nitingpt09 said:
You will loose a total of seven point as if they put two bachelor degree, then it will come under two or more Degree, certificate or diploma thing giving you 128 points.

If it reads Canada equivalency as masters for your MBA, then you will get 135.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
nitingpt09 said:
WES provides a report showing the Canadian Equivalent of your degrees.

So you are free to select Two or More Degrees in your express entry profile and not Masters (even though you did an MBA). This sucks but its still enough to get an invitation to apply at this stage.

I suggest you don't fight it and get in the pool ASAP.

Hope this helps!

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I am currently at 408 if they consider it a masters degree. If not, i will slide to 401 which i dont think will be enough.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
nitingpt09 said:
I am currently at 408 if they consider it a masters degree. If not, i will slide to 401 which i dont think will be enough.
Don't be discouraged. 401 is a decent score these days. You should receive an ITA in the coming months, if the trends persist.

As of June 6th the calculations are also in for a change if you happen to speak French or have siblings in Canada. Have you considered re-sitting the IELTS.. because your score should be quite higher than 408 with more than just a Bachelors Degree.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
nitingpt09 said:
Does anyone has clear idea about updation of ECA results after profile submission.
Yea you can chnage whatever you like after submitting.

May 7, 2018
Hello I have queries to know about what they will calculate my education to exultancy of Canada study. I am done with AMIEE and MBA so can any one suggest what WES will calculate. I want to apply to ECA next week. Please help me out. Thank you!

NS@009

Jul 3, 2018
Hi everyone. I am Bachelors of science from Punjab university and have MBA full time 2 yrs degree from Symbiosis University, Pune.

I had sent my documents to WES for evaluation. Bachelors transcripts were sent directly from Punjab university whereas MBA transcripts sealed envelopes were couriered by me which later WES got verified during the process.

I have got an incorrect evaluation report which says "Equivalent to Canadian 4 yrs Bachelors and 1 yrs PG diploma"...

I have a Masters degree not diploma. Can someone plzzz guide me how do sort this out now.

My questions are :
1. Can i get it re-evaluated?
2. Do you think i may have done some mistake while creating my profile for eg. : In field, i chose Marketing as it was my major. But my subjects were general management also... Do you think i should have selected management?
3. I didn't attached sealed copy of Degree (as i read few forums which said its not required). But i did send a photo copy of my degree in the parcel. Did this make a difference?

Thanks a ton in advance!
NS

hamed0506

Aug 18, 2018
Dubai,United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone. I am Bachelors of science from Punjab university and have MBA full time 2 yrs degree from Symbiosis University, Pune.

I had sent my documents to WES for evaluation. Bachelors transcripts were sent directly from Punjab university whereas MBA transcripts sealed envelopes were couriered by me which later WES got verified during the process.

I have got an incorrect evaluation report which says "Equivalent to Canadian 4 yrs Bachelors and 1 yrs PG diploma"...

I have a Masters degree not diploma. Can someone plzzz guide me how do sort this out now.

My questions are :
1. Can i get it re-evaluated?
2. Do you think i may have done some mistake while creating my profile for eg. : In field, i chose Marketing as it was my major. But my subjects were general management also... Do you think i should have selected management?
3. I didn't attached sealed copy of Degree (as i read few forums which said its not required). But i did send a photo copy of my degree in the parcel. Did this make a difference?

Thanks a ton in advance!
NS
hi,
I have the same issue WES have considered my Regular Masters degree 2 years as Canadian Equivalency 4 years Bachelor degree, i am very much confused as i will loose some points with that and dont know what to do in order to evaluate !

RaulFloyd

Star Member
May 28, 2018
AOR Received.
17-07-2018
Guys, it's EQUIVALENCY. Sometimes you get something different then expected.
I have a 2 year MBA in Brazil that got evaluated as 1 year post-graduate, which in Canada have the same hour load than the one I have.

It seems that the hour load of the degrees are a major influence in what they will consider equivalent.

hamed0506

Aug 18, 2018
Dubai,United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Guys, it's EQUIVALENCY. Sometimes you get something different then expected.
I have a 2 year MBA in Brazil that got evaluated as 1 year post-graduate, which in Canada have the same hour load than the one I have.

It seems that the hour load of the degrees are a major influence in what they will consider equivalent.

Hi Raul,
Thanx for replying, Yes we know that it is EQUIVALENCY in terms of Canadian education which is indirectly making Bachelor degree and Master degree fall under same category regardless of full time regular study coarse or not which is wrong.

VishnuKumar

Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a 3 years diploma (Textile) + 4 year BE (EEE) + 2 years MBA(Distance education - Master in system management). = ? WES

My Spouse is having 3 year (BSC) + 2 year (MSC) = ?

Can some one tell me what could be the WES evaluation result. Which one I may need to choose EE in PR application.

Is there any way to evaluate my self before evaluating with WES.

Thanks in advance for your help.