+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES issued document name mismatching

mohankumar101

Jul 9, 2014
Hi All,

I've applied for WES and they have confirmed that my education qualification is legit. The problem is that we do use Native name, father's name as surname, last name which is derived from the initials given from our childhood education standards.

My visa consultant appears to made a mistake which I noticed when I've got the WES document in hand that my father's name was spelt one character wrong as per records.

Is this going to be a problem? I've asked my visa consultant as to what happened and they said its not a problem at all as the document's ultimate purpose is to certify my education qualification which it does indeed.

Please clarify as I am confused if I should go ahead and proceed with second stage.

Thanks,
Mohan

spk_fswp

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohankumar101 said:
Hi All,

I've applied for WES and they have confirmed that my education qualification is legit. The problem is that we do use Native name, father's name as surname, last name which is derived from the initials given from our childhood education standards.

My visa consultant appears to made a mistake which I noticed when I've got the WES document in hand that my father's name was spelt one character wrong as per records.

Is this going to be a problem? I've asked my visa consultant as to what happened and they said its not a problem at all as the document's ultimate purpose is to certify my education qualification which it does indeed.

Please clarify as I am confused if I should go ahead and proceed with second stage.

Thanks,
Mohan
Hello,

I suggest you three options:
1) You may use same report of WES and attach separate sheet mentioning to CIC that there is such small spelling mistake. This will at least help in proving that you are not hiding anything and also send original transcripts as additional supporting documents with WES report.
2) You proceed with sending your application to CIC. As pro-active measure, it would be worth to re-apply for fresh report at WES and specifically give them prior intimation about your old application reference. Once you receive your new WES report, you can send it to CIC separately. Only in this case you will end up with paying more to WES.
3) You may approach WES with current reference number and request them that if you pay some additional amount whether they will re-issue another copy of report but with correct spellings this time. This will save your time and will not require re-sending everything to WES again.

You may discuss this further with your consultant.

Best luck.
spk.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
mohankumar101 said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Mohan
Not a problem. Father's name is completely unnecessary in WES report. You can file your application with confidence.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Not a problem. Father's name is completely unnecessary in WES report. You can file your application with confidence.
Hello Sir...

I have got my WES report recently and waiting for next draw with CRS 437

My name on the passport is
Surname: Trivedi
Given name: Amitkumar Rameshchandra (First + Middle Name)

Now, on my WES report name is TRIVEDI, Amitkumar.

It doesn't include the middle name/father's name

Please help....Should I be concerned?

blackrobin81

Aug 8, 2020
Hi Amit,
Hello Sir...

I have got my WES report recently and waiting for next draw with CRS 437

My name on the passport is
Surname: Trivedi
Given name: Amitkumar Rameshchandra (First + Middle Name)

Now, on my WES report name is TRIVEDI, Amitkumar.

It doesn't include the middle name/father's name

Please help....Should I be concerned?
Hi Amit,
Please could you guide me as to what should be entered in the first name , middle name in the WES Application

My passport details :
Surname : Sista
Given Name : Vijay Kumar Nageswar Rao
Father's Name : Nageswar Rao

Engg Marksheets : SISTA VIJAY KUMAR NAGESHWARRAO

What do I fill in WES Application in the First Name
Should it be Vijay Kumar or Vijay Kumar Nageswar Rao ??
Middle Name : Should it be blank or Nageswar Rao

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Vijay