+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES India marksheet

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
I have completed my bachelors from university of mumbai, India, Does WES require attested marksheets (not transcripts) to be submitted to them in a sealed envelope?

Below is excerpt from WES website:

HIGHER EDUCATION
What to Submit How to Submit
1. Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institutions attended
e.g. Bachelor, Master, Master of Philosophy, Postgraduate Diploma

AND

To be submitted to WES by applicant.
2. All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.
e.g. university or autonomous college

NOTES:
College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless from an autonomous college. To check whether your college has autonomous status click here.

Univ. of Mumbai and Gujarat Univ. – Please see FAQs for specific instructions.

Request for all mark sheets to be sent directly to WES by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations
-OR-

You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES.

NOTE: Mark sheets attested by persons outside the Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will NOT be accepted.

Please click here to download an academic transcript request form.

3. Doctoral Programs
An official letter confirming the awarding of the degree issued by the awarding institution

To be sent directly to WES by the degree awarding institution.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
WES does not take marksheets and certificate from individual. It's only Mumbai University transcript department who will have to post it to WES. Contact your Univ. and they know everything about this procedure.

canimmcic

Mar 4, 2015
You can send photocopies of your mark sheets to University of Mumbai and have them attested by registrar/controller of examinations and you can either have them send it directly to WES in a sealed envelope OR you can have them send it to you in a sealed envelope and you can send it to WES yourself (in the same unopened sealed envelope).

ajaygeorge88

Mar 3, 2015
Hii guys! I am a newbie and I would appreciate it if anyone helped me out.

When I tried to pay the WES fee,I was asked my "Degree awarded date"
I passed my last exam in Dec 2013 but Got my degree certificate later on september 2014 because of the 'so called efficiency' of my university (yea,of course! an indian university!)
So,shud I add the date as Dec 13 or Sep 14??

I heared that work experience after passing degree will be counted and so I am afraid I cant show my complete experience with Sep 14 as date. :'( :'(

OR does this date really matter??

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
canimmcic,

Thank you for your response. Does CIC accept marksheets attested by registrar/controller of examinations? I went to university of mumbai and they said they cannot attest transcripts from my local college. Please advise. Thanks.

canimmcic said:
You can send photocopies of your mark sheets to University of Mumbai and have them attested by registrar/controller of examinations and you can either have them send it directly to WES in a sealed envelope OR you can have them send it to you in a sealed envelope and you can send it to WES yourself (in the same unopened sealed envelope).

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
I recently got my ECA from WES. This is how I went about getting the documents attested.

I got this done at the Kalina campus. I hold a B.Sc in Comp Science (15 year degree). I went to the Kalina campus with my TY Marksheet and convocation certificate and they took about 15 days to give me one sealed envelope containing attested copies of my marksheet and convocation certificate. I sent only this envelope to WES and they gave me my ECA.

I have read that WES folks are sort of crazy and different people have different experiences. This was mines.

Cheers!

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
So does that mean WES accepts attested mark sheets and that transcripts are not required to be submitted (if education is from mumbai university)

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMCANADAVISA said:
WES does not take marksheets and certificate from individual. It's only Mumbai University transcript department who will have to post it to WES. Contact your Univ. and they know everything about this procedure.
Wrong. Its clearly written that whether university can it to them directly or University can send it to applicant, then applicant can mail to WES.

Check their website. What you said its partially right as it depends from which country you have obtained degree.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prseeker

Since you are a bachelors from Mumbai university, third year marksheets will be attested by the Mumbai university along with transcript, convocation, degree certificate and academic request form. This five documents will be a part of one envelope.

For the first two years of your graduation studies fy and sy, your college will attest them and seal it in a college envelope. This will be your second envelop.

Now you place both these envelopes in a parent envelope to send it to WES.

vmcrocks

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Exactly same scenario with me. I have a sealed enveloped with TY and Degree attested by Kalina (MU). No FY and SY marksheet. Is there any need to worry should I go ahead and send it to them?

Please do revert. And Happy new year in advance.
Cheers!

I recently got my ECA from WES. This is how I went about getting the documents attested.

I got this done at the Kalina campus. I hold a B.Sc in Comp Science (15 year degree). I went to the Kalina campus with my TY Marksheet and convocation certificate and they took about 15 days to give me one sealed envelope containing attested copies of my marksheet and convocation certificate. I sent only this envelope to WES and they gave me my ECA.

I have read that WES folks are sort of crazy and different people have different experiences. This was mines.

Cheers!

blackrobin81

Aug 8, 2020
So WES accepts either attested transcripts or attested marksheets directly mailed by MU. Pl confirm

I do not have the transcripts with me and my collegeis closed due to Corona Virus.

Thanks & Regards