+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation

PriyankaK

Apr 24, 2018
Hi!

I am new to this forum and don't know if this is the right place to post this on. If not, request someone to direct me to the right source. Thanks in advance!

I had sent my documents to WES for evaluation. I've done a Bachelors in Fashion from New Delhi, accredited by Nottingham Trent Uni, UK and Masters in Management accredited by Uni of Wales, UK.

Two things that have kind of gotten me in fix now are :

1. The documents that I collected from my institute in Delhi ( envelope sent sealed and cross signed by the school ) were sent by me to WES. The envelope contained my academic transcripts and a copy of the degree attested by the registrar. WES has accepted my degree certificate here, but haven't accepted by academic transcript, stating the reason as : The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES.

However, they seem to have accepted my final degree certificate sent in the exact same sealed envelope as the academic transcripts.

2. WES says that it doesn't evaluate masters of arts validated by the University of Wales, UK. Now this is funny, because when I used the evaluation tool on the website and filled in all the details for the same, my masters is equivalent to a masters in Canada so I don't understand what WES means by this.

Is there anyone who has faced a similar situation? I do plan to call them and ask about this, but given whatever I have read so far on different forums it seems to me that people aren't really happy with the responses being given to them.

I would really really appreciate if someone could help me get out of this soup!

Once again, thanks a ton!

Cheers.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
2. WES says that it doesn't evaluate masters of arts validated by the University of Wales, UK. Now this is funny, because when I used the evaluation tool on the website and filled in all the details for the same, my masters is equivalent to a masters in Canada so I don't understand what WES means by this.
From the WES website, here's why your Masters degree validated by the University of Wales, won't be assessed by WES:
https://wenr.wes.org/2017/12/academic-fraud-corruption-and-implications-for-credential-assessment

Fraud and corruption in education exist in various forms beyond contract-cheating. Its global manifestations include diploma mills and the counterfeiting of academic documents, as well as bribery to ensure the licensing of academic institutions, the hiring of academic staff, the passing of examinations, admission into education programs and the award of degrees.

The problem is an urgent one. From an institutional perspective, the ramifications of failure to address fraud and corrupt practices are sometimes severe. The most prominent example may be the University of Wales, which was abolished in 2011 because it ran degree validation programs with dubious or downright illegal overseas partner institutions

Reactions: k.h.p.

PriyankaK

Apr 24, 2018
Okay wow this is crazy :/

Thank you for throwing light on this! However I spoke to one of my classmates and she’s currently pursuing a course at UCLA, and she had sent the same documents ( the attested ones from UoW) to UCLA and she didn’t seem to face any issue in terms of the legibility go the degree.

Would you happen to know how this can be dealt with? Should I be writing to Wales to maybe issue me a document proving the legibility of my degree or would that still be of no use?

Does this mean that even though I have a masters degree, I still don’t qualify for one as per WES? This really sucks :/

From the WES website, here's why your Masters degree validated by the University of Wales, won't be assessed by WES:
https://wenr.wes.org/2017/12/academic-fraud-corruption-and-implications-for-credential-assessment

Fraud and corruption in education exist in various forms beyond contract-cheating. Its global manifestations include diploma mills and the counterfeiting of academic documents, as well as bribery to ensure the licensing of academic institutions, the hiring of academic staff, the passing of examinations, admission into education programs and the award of degrees.

The problem is an urgent one. From an institutional perspective, the ramifications of failure to address fraud and corrupt practices are sometimes severe. The most prominent example may be the University of Wales, which was abolished in 2011 because it ran degree validation programs with dubious or downright illegal overseas partner institutions

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for throwing light on this! However I spoke to one of my classmates and she’s currently pursuing a course at UCLA, and she had sent the same documents ( the attested ones from UoW) to UCLA and she didn’t seem to face any issue in terms of the legibility go the degree.
UCLA does not ask for/does not accept assessments from WES. So, one cannot compare the assessment given by WES with the admission requirements to UCLA.

Would you happen to know how this can be dealt with?
IMO, it's a non-starter. As University of Wales was abolished in 2011 following a series of controversies/scandals/fraudulent partner institutes, you're going to find it incredibly challenging to get an ECA for your Masters degree.

You can try submitting your documents to IQAS. Do contact them first. But, in all honesty, I would expect that IQAS will not assess it

PriyankaK

Apr 24, 2018
Ah okay.
UCLA does not ask for/does not accept assessments from WES. So, one cannot compare the assessment given by WES with the admission requirements to UCLA.

Post reading your comments on this, I tried asking around and found out from few people who happen to have UoW validated degrees, and they didn't seem to face any issue. Could it be a technical glitch perhaps? If you don't mind helping me out a little bit with this and if I may ask, would you suggest to get in touch with my school ( the collaborative centre) and have them sent the diploma certificates for assessment? Because at this point despite having a Masters Degree and not being to able to qualify for one really throws my points off balance and whats frustrating is that I did study a masters programme :/

IMO, it's a non-starter. As University of Wales was abolished in 2011 following a series of controversies/scandals/fraudulent partner institutes, you're going to find it incredibly challenging to get an ECA for your Masters degree.

You can try submitting your documents to IQAS. Do contact them first. But, in all honesty, I would expect that IQAS will not assess it
I cannot thank you enough for replying to me on this thread. Really helped me search in the right direction. As suggested, I will definitely check with IQAS as well, and see if they can help out.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Post reading your comments on this, I tried asking around and found out from few people who happen to have UoW validated degrees, and they didn't seem to face any issue. Could it be a technical glitch perhaps? If you don't mind helping me out a little bit with this and if I may ask, would you suggest to get in touch with my school ( the collaborative centre) and have them sent the diploma certificates for assessment?
It's not a technical glitch. A number of UK colleges were found to be dubious/had fraudulent accreditation/systematic student visa frauds which resulted in closure of these colleges/universities. University of Wales was one of the most prominent universities among these.

Have your classmates (same year, same study program, same collaborative centre/college, same University of Wales accreditation) received an assessment from WES Canada for that degree? Most probably none of them has actually been able to get an ECA from WES.

You can certainly ask University of Wales as well as your college/collaborative centre to provide additional documents i.e. in addition to the attested mark sheets, transcripts, degree certificate, etc to prove that the collaborative centre you studied at was not listed as a fraudulent partner institute.

Because at this point despite having a Masters Degree and not being to able to qualify for one really throws my points off balance and whats frustrating is that I did study a masters programme :/
IMHO, I don't think any of the IRCC designated organizations will assess your Masters degree.

Your situation is similar to students who have qualifications from SCDL/similar autonomous universities which are not affiliated to UGC, NAAC, etc. = Inability to successfully get their degrees/diplomas assessed

Last edited:

Sonali_s

Jul 23, 2018
Hi!

I am new to this forum and don't know if this is the right place to post this on. If not, request someone to direct me to the right source. Thanks in advance!

I had sent my documents to WES for evaluation. I've done a Bachelors in Fashion from New Delhi, accredited by Nottingham Trent Uni, UK and Masters in Management accredited by Uni of Wales, UK.

1. The documents that I collected from my institute in Delhi ( envelope sent sealed and cross signed by the school ) were sent by me to WES. The envelope contained my academic transcripts and a copy of the degree attested by the registrar. WES has accepted my degree certificate here, but haven't accepted by academic transcript, stating the reason as : The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES.

However, they seem to have accepted my final degree certificate sent in the exact same sealed envelope as the academic transcripts.

Hi !
I’m only replying for your query on NTU. They need the sealed transcripts to be sent directly to WES from NTU and not by you or by your academy in Delhi. There is a form which you fill and share with your academy and they forward it to NTU. NTU then sends the sealed transcripts to WES.

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
If Priyanka’s classmates indeed got their degrees evaluated by WES and got an assessment of Masters, can she raise a case with WES,claiming that WES has assessed the same degree differently in two cases and hence have her degree reassessed?

gaurab-s

Sep 25, 2021
Hi!

Is there anyone who has faced a similar situation? I do plan to call them and ask about this, but given whatever I have read so far on different forums it seems to me that people aren't really happy with the responses being given to them.

I would really really appreciate if someone could help me get out of this soup!

Once again, thanks a ton!

Cheers.
[/QUOTE

Hi PriyankaK

What happen to your Nottingham trent university degree ??? do you send from university and got the WES assessment ?

Paloma@2022

Feb 19, 2022
Hello everyone. Please I need your help on the same subject.

I have my MBA diploma from a collaborative education center called ESERP where I attended school but my diploma is awarded from the university of Camilo Jose Cela. This means that my academic transcripts will be given to me by ESERP and the MBA diploma has been given to me with the name of the university of Camilo Jose Cela. This univerisity awards MBA diplomas to students attending ESERP.

1. My question is, when i sucbscribe to WES and they ask me to add the name of my institution. Which one should I add? ESERP or University Camilo Jose Cela?

My academic transcripts can be sent from ESERP and my diploma can be sent from Uni Camilo Jose Cela. But that will make confusion with WES. How are they going to know which is my actual university?

I am soooo confused and next week i should start with WES application. Pleassssse much appreciated any help given on this matter.

Thank youuu to all.