+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation Question

goonerboi

Feb 7, 2017
South Coast
Guys,

I would like someone to throw some light on this.

I hold a B.E. Computer Science Degree from a premier institution in the country (India).
Sending those transcripts would equate to a 4-year Canadian equivalency I believe.

Now, onto my question:
In my professional career in Information Technology, I have been predominantly working with US Insurance Companies as my clients
and my domain expertise has been on Insurance.
I was asked to complete a few professional certifications and I ended up completing a program as a result from w w w. theinstitutes . o r g/
called "Associate in General Insurance (AINS®)" - US
w w w . theinstitutes . org/guide/designations/ associate-general-insurance-ainsr

This can be achieved by completing a set of certificates and I ended up completing
INS21
INS22
INS23

Now, I would like to know if I would be considered for
"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" or
Do I have to make do with only
"Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

I understand that I could probably send the copy of the program certificate to WES during my evaluation to get it checked, but then I hear mixed reviews about the way WES do their equivalency check.
I am down on the requisite CRS points and I would like this to boost my "Skill transferability factors". Hence my need to post.

Looking forward to hearing back on it. 8)

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
For me, second option looks more relevant which is "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". Most probably WES will assess you for this.

Additionally, on WES website, you can see test equivalency of your current degree as well. Use following link:

http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

Just select your country of education, select degree and college and it will give you an idea of possible equivalent degree in Canada. This will remove all your doubts.

goonerboi

Feb 7, 2017
South Coast
ashwani.m said:
For me, second option looks more relevant which is "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". Most probably WES will assess you for this.

Additionally, on WES website, you can see test equivalency of your current degree as well. Use following link:

www .wes. org/ca/evaluations/ preliminary.asp

Just select your country of education, select degree and college and it will give you an idea of possible equivalent degree in Canada. This will remove all your doubts.

Thanks for your response, truly appreciated.

May be, I didn't frame my question correct.
#
Would I be considered for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"
because I have a B.E. Computer Science which qualifies as Program of 3+ years
and
the completion of a program in Insurance from w w w. theinstitutes . o r g/
called "Associate in General Insurance (AINS®)" - US

OR Probably you got my question right already, and I am being a bit hopeful.
"For me, second option looks more relevant "
which effectively means this "Associate in General Insurance (AINS®)" - US holds no value towards my WES equivalency.

Tried adding this Associate in General Insurance (AINS®) in the WES link you provided, but I am not able to choose a credential for this program.
I see only Bachelor's and Master's degrees in the drop-down.
Am I missing something?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi. First of all, it is written on WES site that it assesses degrees awarded by recognized degree-granting institutions.. Secondly WES evaluates formal academic qualifications only. WES does not evaluate occupational or trade qualifications. This may be the reason it is not showing any credential for your certificates. I am assuming that your certificates were online where you studied, gave exam and cleared them. They were not awarded by some institute or university per se.

Only ray of hope is that WES says "If your degree or institution is not currently listed, you can apply for a WES credential evaluation and the evaluation team will research your credential" so you can send all your documents and hope it gets accepted.

Anyways, only after complete WES evaluation, you can make express entry profile for PR so get WES done then you'll be able to choose in which category your education falls

goonerboi

Feb 7, 2017
South Coast
OK, thanks for that.
Yes, my certificates were online and my worry is that to an extent (Spent a good part of a year getting the program in insurance completed and I would hate it go for a complete waste ::) )

I don't have transcripts as such for these certifications but just a completion certificate for each (INS 21/INS 22/INS 23) and a program certificate sent directly from the Institute. Should the photocopies be attested somewhere?
Would sending photocopies of them suffice?

I know that my BE degree certificates should be from the university with the transcripts sealed, but what about these certifications?

Has anyone had any professional/occupational qualifications valuated successfully by WES?
Just curious :-X