+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES equivalent for IIT Dual degree (B.tech + M.tech)

amandeep0495

Aug 30, 2019
IIT Dual Degree gives both B.tech and M.tech degrees at the end of 5 year.

Question 1.
WES gives the following relevant options at their site :

1. Bachelor of Technology/Master of Technology (Integrated)
2. Master of Technology (Integrated)
3. Master of Technology

I'm afraid if I choose " Bachelor of Technology/Master of Technology (Integrated) "
WES might evaluate degree to "Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees one must be for a program of three or more years"
which will be 7 points lower
than "Master's degree or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession"

Question 2.

If anyone has had same degree and applied. What did WES evaluate the degree to ?

Thanks a lot!

shuaibnk

Sep 14, 2019
Hey,

Have you got an answer for this? or did you get your WES assessment report? I am holding an integrated masters degree from IIT similar to you and wanted to know what would be my Canadian equivalent degree as per WES.

Thanks in advance!

ramakanthd92

Feb 6, 2021
Hi,

I am in a similar situation now (I completed my BTech + MTech (Integrate dual degree) during 2009 - 2014 from IIT Roorkee), Just wanted to check if you can help me with some details, on how you applied for the WES evaluation

1. Have you entered and uploaded both degrees as credentials to WES for evaluation or only shared Masters as a credential ?
2. What did you select
a) Masters(Intergrated Degree)
b) Bachelors / Masters (Integrated Degree)
c) Masters
3. What are dates of start and completion that you have provided in your ECA application, as both of my degrees have same end date.

Thanks in advance.

VishingWell

Jun 9, 2021
I am also applying for WES for degree evaluation. I have Dual Degree (Bachelor of Technology + Master of Technology) from IIT Kharagpur.
What should I select as my "Name of Diploma/Certificate" for Master's Degree?
1) Master of Technology (Integrated)
2) Bachelor of Technology/Master of Technology (Integrated)
3) Bachelor of Technology/Master of Technology (IIT)

Also, What should I select as my "Name of Diploma/Certificate" for Master's Degree?
1) Bachelor of Technology (Integrated)
2) Bachelor of Technology/Master of Technology (Integrated)
3) Bachelor of Technology/Master of Technology (IIT)
4) Bachelor of Technology (Dual Degree)

Please help