+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wes equivalency for a pinay nurse

almaria3

Apr 27, 2016
I hope someone could give me an advice here about my case. I did an equivalency from Wes and the report I got for my nursing degree from the Philippines is not comparable to a canadian degree. Since the results are not comparable, i cannot see other option for me to be an immigrant. I have spent a lot of money for me and my husbands credential to be assessed fully hoping to be eligible. I even passed my ielts and got a band score of 8 just to reach an acceptable score on the express entry. It is so frustrating to find out that after all my efforts I would not be eligible even for a provincial nomination for skilled worker. Is there any way that I would be able to immigrate together with my family to Canada?

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
almaria3 said:
I hope someone could give me an advice here about my case. I did an equivalency from Wes and the report I got for my nursing degree from the Philippines is not comparable to a canadian degree. Since the results are not comparable, i cannot see other option for me to be an immigrant. I have spent a lot of money for me and my husbands credential to be assessed fully hoping to be eligible. I even passed my ielts and got a band score of 8 just to reach an acceptable score on the express entry. It is so frustrating to find out that after all my efforts I would not be eligible even for a provincial nomination for skilled worker. Is there any way that I would be able to immigrate together with my family to Canada?
Hi, first of all, what are you planning to apply? Provincial nomination or skilled worker category? Because you see, each category has different requirements, not just education credentials.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
almaria3 said:
Well i want to apply for both.. :(
Try to use ICAS insteas of WES for your credentials evaluation. They give a bachelor's degree or 3-yrs equivalency for Philippines graduate nurses. http://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Hi, is anyone still here? I have my education assessed by WES, and I got a 4 year bachelor. I am a registered nurse in the philipines. What can be my poasible next step? My Ielts is band 8. Will I be allowed to challenge the licensure exams here in British Columbia? Thanks, I would appreciate any response

Sep 23, 2024
Hi, is anyone still here? I have my education assessed by WES, and I got a 4 year bachelor. I am a registered nurse in the philipines. What can be my poasible next step? My Ielts is band 8. Will I be allowed to challenge the licensure exams here in British Columbia? Thanks, I would appreciate any response
k12 graduate ka po sa pinas?