+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES equivalence discrepancy

Raheel88

Jun 14, 2023
Hi - I have an issue with the WES equivalence. I got my ACCA and BSc (Oxford Brookes) evaluated together and the ECA provided to me is a bit weird. On one hand, WES mentions that each of these qualifications is equal to 4 years bachelors degree but in the summary they write it as single four bachelors degree. I have asked them to revise the summary and they have advised that they are not going to update anything. Can I submit my PR application with 2 bachelors degrees? o

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi - I have an issue with the WES equivalence. I got my ACCA and BSc (Oxford Brookes) evaluated together and the ECA provided to me is a bit weird. On one hand, WES mentions that each of these qualifications is equal to 4 years bachelors degree but in the summary they write it as single four bachelors degree. I have asked them to revise the summary and they have advised that they are not going to update anything. Can I submit my PR application with 2 bachelors degrees? o
So you have equivalency for one bachelor degree if that is what WES states. So you cannot count points for two or more.

Raheel88

Jun 14, 2023
the issue is that in the details they do provide two separate credentials. I have another friend of mine with the exact same qualifications and he got an assessment for two degrees but I got one. It just seems absurd and inconsistent. Does anyone know how to escalate this and get it resolved?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the issue is that in the details they do provide two separate credentials. I have another friend of mine with the exact same qualifications and he got an assessment for two degrees but I got one. It just seems absurd and inconsistent. Does anyone know how to escalate this and get it resolved?
You would have to submit a reconsideration with WES. Or get another ECA.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
It is very very hard with WES to reconsider their decision. I think you should go with another ECA.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
i have a bit of a different thought process on this. if wes explicitly says under EACH diploma equivalence that it is 4 years, considering you're filling them one by one and adding their individual equivalency it's the IRCC system that will decide it's 2 diplomas or not.