+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for Australian Tafe

terrytibbs

Dec 21, 2015
I applied for an ECA from WES i have completed Certificate 3 & 4 in Network Engineering. This was 16 months course fulltime.

WES has scored this as a high school diploma? i initially thought it may have been because my college only sent the transcripts, they forgot to include the cert photocopies. But i clarified it with WES and they have stated this is correct. Cert 4 in network engineering.

How is does this not fall within the below?

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:

College Certificate
Completion of College-level certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma
One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate

hayleyj88

Feb 8, 2015
Did you ever get an answer to this? I've just experienced the same issue with having my cert IV assessed

Auscan18

Mar 31, 2018
WES seem to do this a bit, you can request a review and explain what a Cert 3 and 4 in Australia are (look online for the deatails about the Australian Qualifications Framework.

It should be assessed as a “College Certificate” or “Completion of a College Level Certificate”

Request the review first, if that fails then apply for your ECA through one of the other providers as they assess it correctly the first time and understand the Australian Framework.

People use WES because it’s “quick” but if you look on these boards there are a lot of issues.

Reactions: hayleyj88

hayleyj88

Feb 8, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply Auscan18 - I will give BCIT a try. I requested a review twice from WES and they are hands down the worst company I have dealt with for anything. They denied that it was more than a high school diploma

rrita22

Aug 16, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply Auscan18 - I will give BCIT a try. I requested a review twice from WES and they are hands down the worst company I have dealt with for anything. They denied that it was more than a high school diploma
Hey,
Did you get your ECA for your Australian Certificate? I also want to get ECA for an Australian Cert 4.
Should I go with BCIT?

mlee0219

May 22, 2023
Does anyone have any information on how WES evaluates the TAFE cert/diploma grades into Letter grades? TAFE/VET qualifications have either a pass or fail, "Competent/Acheived or Non Competent" Please help!!