+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA -Bachelor of Engineering -transcript that begins in semester two.

dijodavies

May 10, 2018
I did my BE from Madras University and passed out in 2002.

During the course of my study, first and second semesters were combined and there was only exam at the end of the first year. There was no separate exam at the end of first semester. I think this was the norm at several universities at that time and even today.

Unfortunately, my first mark list states the exams as second semester exams and since there was no exam in first semester, I don't have any mark list for first exam.

Now WES has put my application on hold with the below explanation.

Incomplete | Details
Reason: The document received only contains a partial record of study. WES requires all study that led to your final qualification. We are missing information for your program. We have a transcript that begins in semester two.

I am sure several others must have faced similar issue, as this is the norm in several universities in Kerala and Tamil Nadu, but I couldn't find any help in forums.

If anyone had faced similar issue, kindly guide me on how to proceed. Tried to explain the same several times to WES, both by phone and email, but they just keep repeating the same thing.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I did my BE from Madras University and passed out in 2002.

During the course of my study, first and second semesters were combined and there was only exam at the end of the first year. There was no separate exam at the end of first semester. I think this was the norm at several universities at that time and even today.

Unfortunately, my first mark list states the exams as second semester exams and since there was no exam in first semester, I don't have any mark list for first exam.

Now WES has put my application on hold with the below explanation.

Incomplete | Details
Reason: The document received only contains a partial record of study. WES requires all study that led to your final qualification. We are missing information for your program. We have a transcript that begins in semester two.

I am sure several others must have faced similar issue, as this is the norm in several universities in Kerala and Tamil Nadu, but I couldn't find any help in forums.

If anyone had faced similar issue, kindly guide me on how to proceed. Tried to explain the same several times to WES, both by phone and email, but they just keep repeating the same thing.
Did you get a lateral entry?

dijodavies

May 10, 2018
No, this was not lateral entry. I completed all 8 semesters and 4 years. It was just that there was no exam at the end of first semester. The combined exam for first and second semester was conducted at the end of second semester.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
No, this was not lateral entry. I completed all 8 semesters and 4 years. It was just that there was no exam at the end of first semester. The combined exam for first and second semester was conducted at the end of second semester.
Did your university sent the transcripts? Ask your university to write this on letterhead mentioning this scenario. Send it to WES stamped and signed.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you for the information. Yes, the transcripts have already been sent from the university.
You can talk to WES and explain this situation by a supporting document from your university, which will have such information.

dijodavies

May 10, 2018
Even though it took a while, WES finally accepted my explanation. Please send an explanation and follow up persistently on phone. That's the only solution. No further document was requested.