+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES-3 yr bachelors+2 Yr PGDM (masters evaluation??)

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hi,

I have a 3 year BSc. Honors bachelors degree from Delhi University passed in 1st division (shown equivalent to 4 year Canada bachelors on the online free tool from WES). Does the real evaluation follow the results shown on the online tool?
After graduation, I took a 2 year full time PGDM course from FORE school of Management, Delhi (the college is AICTE approved and PGDM course considered equivalent to MBA degree by AIU). I'll be submitting an ECA with WES soon and I'm not sure in order to get a master's degree evaluation what supporting documents should I send along with the sealed transcripts. I've been reading a lot of threads and it seems everyone has received different evaluation from WES. Some people have even been able to get their evaluation changes from 'undergraduate study to masters' by sending some proof (not sure what) to WES about their course being equivalent to an MBA degree (people from GIM, IIM, XLRI, XIMB etc.). Could someone please guide me what documents can be sent along with the transcripts so that my PGDM is assessed as masters in the first attempt itself.

Would really appreciate any help/guidance!!

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
divdiv said:
I'll be submitting an ECA with WES soon
Hey divdiv,
Did you get Master or 4 years bachelor's for your PGDM degree?
Did you also send any additional document to WES, supporting PGDM in India is equivalent to Master?

Thanks

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
I got a masters assessment. I sent a cover letter along with my transcripts which mentioned that the pgdm issued by my institute is an AICTE approved course and considered equivalent to an MBA degree in india by AIU. I also included links to my institute's website pages that stated these credentials and links to AIU and AICTE pages which mentioned my institute. Also included printouts of these pages. I think what also had a heavy weightage in the decision along with the cover letter and documents I sent is the fact that my college degree also states that the pgdm is equivalent to an MBA.

May 10, 2016
divdiv said:
I got a masters assessment. I sent a cover letter along with my transcripts which mentioned that the pgdm issued by my institute is an AICTE approved course and considered equivalent to an MBA degree in india by AIU. I also included links to my institute's website pages that stated these credentials and links to AIU and AICTE pages which mentioned my institute. Also included printouts of these pages. I think what also had a heavy weightage in the decision along with the cover letter and documents I sent is the fact that my college degree also states that the pgdm is equivalent to an MBA.
Hi, where have you done your PGDM from?

rah_kap

Oct 18, 2016
Hi Divdiv,

Could you please help me with one thing- Where did you get the transcripts for your PGDM: From your college or from AICTE?
It would be great if you can reply at the earliest as I have already started off with the process but dont know from where to collect the PGDM transcripts from?

Regards