+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

welders

yogesh1981

May 25, 2010
I am running welding shop from last 6 years and working as welder from last 8 years... how i can apply for visa as i never ever completed any diploma for welding but yes my experience is a lot .....my cousin lives in Canada in Calgary and she said here welders are in great demand from few weeks.... how i can apply and i am eligible to apply please help ...for work permit or pr..?

Help will be highly appreciated

My qualification

29 years old.

completing BBA this year.

working experience with a welding company from last 8 years(industrial experience included in it)

i got score of

Skilled Worker Self-Assessment
Total Point Score

Your final score is: 64

Here is the breakdown of your total score:
Factor Maximum
Points Your
Score
1 Education 25 5
2 Language Ability 24 8
3 Work Experience 21 21
4 Age 10 10
5 Arranged Employment 10 10
6 Adaptability 10 10
Total Score 100 64

i completed my 12th in 2006 and waiting for the result for BBA (by July 2010) through distance learning... institute will provide me with the sheet detailing about my attendance for classes for bba......

Please do tell me how they count normal work experience, i worked for 6 years with in my shop before that i was working in a company as welding assistant... so they count 6 years experience or 8 years experience?

Wolfman567

Oct 28, 2009
New-Delhi (India)
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Yoesh,

Please mention all your details which is requied by CHC and would see how many points do you have? Please take a "Skilled workers and professionals: Self-assessment test" test on CHC web site. Here is the link and check your points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

Regards

Wolfy.

yogesh1981

May 25, 2010
i got score of

Skilled Worker Self-Assessment
Total Point Score

Your final score is: 64

Here is the breakdown of your total score:
Factor Maximum
Points Your
Score
1 Education 25 5
2 Language Ability 24 8
3 Work Experience 21 21
4 Age 10 10
5 Arranged Employment 10 10
6 Adaptability 10 10
Total Score 100 64

Wolfman567

Oct 28, 2009
New-Delhi (India)
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm. So you should get 22 pints as (12+3) = 15 years

For BBA did you attend coaching from center, because CHC would like to see 15/18 hrs per week of coaching for any distance learning education. You need to sumit copy of all the 3 years marksheet and Degree (Or proiviosnal Degree if you do haev Degree).

You haev all the above?

yogesh1981

May 25, 2010
yes i confirmed with my institute and they said they will provide me with the certification, for classes attended by you on week end and before exams regularly....

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have BBA Degree, you will get 20 Points for Education out of 25 Points.

You are claiming 20 points for Adaptability & Arrange Employment. I do not understand it.

Do you have Job offer from Canadian Employer? If Yes, you will get 15 point for that. If No then 0

Do you have close relative in Canada? If yes then 5 Points. If No then 0 Point.
Remember cousin is not considered are close relative. You can not claim points for your cousin.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogesh1981 said:
However my mum's sister live in Canada and she said i will arrange a permanent job for you as opening are their for welders.... and if i would not count both the point of my permanent job and my close relatives then my score will be again 64 then would should i do to qualify...please help
Pass score is 67 out of 100. Your file will be rejected if you score 64 or below 67.

You will get 5 Points for Relative in Canada for your mom's sister/aunt.

It is good if your relative arrange a permanent job offer for you. You will get more 15 Points.

yogesh1981

May 25, 2010
thank you for your reply,

my mum's sister live in Calgary and she said their are a lot of job opening for welders and i already sent her my experience details on behalf of it, they will offer me job.... so if will not count my relative and my job offer my score will be 59 then would should i do to apply for pr ....sir?

yogesh1981

May 25, 2010
visaexpert said:
Pass score is 67 out of 100. Your file will be rejected if you score 64 or below 67.

You will get 5 Points for Relative in Canada for your mom's sister/aunt.

It is good if your relative arrange a permanent job offer for you. You will get more 15 Points.
sir she is my mum's cousin sister so what should i do to get score 67..?

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sir she is my mum's cousin sister so what should i do to get score 67..?

Sorry No points for Relative in Canada for your mom's sister. Only close relative accepted for points.

Ask her to arrange a permanent job offer for you, you will reach on enough point to qualify

Good Luck

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogesh1981 said:
dear sir,

thank you for your reply...last question to disturb you..

Do i have to give ielts for my job also if yes how much is minimum score i need to qualify for pr?

Thank you.

Yogesh aggarwal.
There is no Pass or Fail / Minimum or Maximum requirement in IELTS. Total points for IELTS is 16. The more band you score in IELTS the more point you will get for language ability.

If you score

Reading 6.5 4 Points
Writing 6.5 4 Points
Speaking 6.5 4 Points
Listening 7.5 4 Points
If you score above band, you will get 16 point for IELTS.

Reading 5.0 2 Points
Writing 5.5 2 Points
Speaking 5.5 2 Points
Listening 5.5 2 Points
If you score above band, you will get 8 point for IELTS.

It is good to target high. We always get something less from our expectations.

S

shibuya

Yogesh,
You need tech qualification in welding. Some ITI COURSE in welding. You can also do a Level 2 in quality control. A 6g qualification is the best. Mere experience will not just count.