+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WEIRD SITUATION:(7months and my application is still in Mississauga)

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
sasmak said:
Ok first up, you need to take it easy getting worked up is exactly what i did when my application was in process, All the doubts in your mind are making you paranoid.

If CIC says your application is in process it is. I know its been long since you received any response from them but that is how it works, here in Canada you dont get to talk to the officers face to face until the time comes for interviews etc.

Now what i can tell is your application is not outbound it is Inbound, How i know this is i applied inbound and the same issue as you "why did i not receive a letter saying what my client number is etc" the first letter you will receive from Immigration is the approval letters saying your spouse is able to sponsor you i.e. met financial requirements etc. Then you will receive your letter, in my case they sent my wifes letter to our home address and mine went to my old address which they had on file when i first came to canada as a student. It was not until i got my wifes letter and followed up with CIC that i discovered my approval letter had been sent to my old address and was told that a new one would be sent out in three weeks even though a decision had been made.

I submitted my application in December of 2009 and did not hear anything until September 2010.

Take it easy friend and like they say no news is sometimes good news
dear sasmak,,,but im not in canada,im in morocco,,it's an outland sponsorship application,,,what you just told me seems like an inland application sponsorship
thank you anyway

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
arunsgirl said:
And don't withdraw the file first because that will take longer.
What, how is withdrawing first going to take longer? It is safer and causes less issues than just submitting another one. And also when you withdraw you get the initial application back from what I hear. Withdrawing first (after finding answers) is the better option. But hey their choice. Just trying to lend some help as well.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
gladiateur19 said:
dear sasmak,,,but im not in canada,im in morocco,,it's an outland sponsorship application,,,what you just told me seems like an inland application sponsorship
thank you anyway
That is why you need to call CIC yourself and ask where it is processing.
Go to this link and you will find the number to call from outside Canada:http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre#Outside_Canada

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
It does not matter where you are, your spouse is canadian and currently residing within Canada and is able to apply outbound/inbound for you.

As for sending another application, Love_Young is correct when you withdraw your application they do return it to you.

I think you are making a mistake by submitting again but please go ahead

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
sasmak said:
It does not matter where you are, your spouse is canadian and currently residing within Canada and is able to apply outbound/inbound for you.

As for sending another application, Love_Young is correct when you withdraw your application they do return it to you.

I think you are making a mistake by submitting again but please go ahead
That is not correct. Inland applications can only be sent if both sponsor and applicant are IN Canada.

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Ok, guys you are being silly here.

Love_Young said:
What, how is withdrawing first going to take longer? It is safer and causes less issues than just submitting another one. And also when you withdraw you get the initial application back from what I hear. Withdrawing first (after finding answers) is the better option. But hey their choice. Just trying to lend some help as well.
Withdraw will take longer because the file has probably gone missing. Someone lost it or it was stuck in a drawer of an agent who is on vacation, sick leave...So asking for withdrawal will only take months because the government won't ever admit they have made a mistake. My husband works with a different government department and it happens there too, but guess what...they NEVER admit it was their mistake. So if you want to wait another 8 or 9 months for withdrawal, be my guest, but me and my husband are resubmitting, since our file is "In process" for far too long too. We are gonna follow our lawyers advice. I understand many of you are suspicious about lawyers and consultants but after all that is what they do for a living so in some cases (if they are not corrupt bastards) they do know better. This is coming from someone, who is taking your case seriously and I understand I have found myself in the same shit and I don't want to be stuck in it for months.

That is my opinion, but it's up to you what you want to do. We are resubmitting on Monday and in a month time I will let you know what happened and then if you don't trust my words you can follow what we will be doing.

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Luck Arunsgirl, I think you are making the right decision.

I hope gladiateur19 follows your lead.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
arunsgirl said:
Ok, guys you are being silly here.

Withdraw will take longer because the file has probably gone missing. Someone lost it or it was stuck in a drawer of an agent who is on vacation, sick leave...So asking for withdrawal will only take months because the government won't ever admit they have made a mistake. My husband works with a different government department and it happens there too, but guess what...they NEVER admit it was their mistake. So if you want to wait another 8 or 9 months for withdrawal, be my guest, but me and my husband are resubmitting, since our file is "In process" for far too long too. We are gonna follow our lawyers advice. I understand many of you are suspicious about lawyers and consultants but after all that is what they do for a living so in some cases (if they are not corrupt *censored word*s) they do know better. This is coming from someone, who is taking your case seriously and I understand I have found myself in the same *censored word* and I don't want to be stuck in it for months.

That is my opinion, but it's up to you what you want to do. We are resubmitting on Monday and in a month time I will let you know what happened and then if you don't trust my words you can follow what we will be doing.
i do trust your words arunsgirl,,,but you have been waiting only for 2 months now?right?u said before,,,you have sent in your application since January?!!!!
my problem now,is that my medical is gonna be over,soon,,,in a month,and my wife is printing off,,our msn conversations and emails again,to send with the other application,,,but i really dont trust what some people in here told me about withdrawing my first file!!!!!!!!!it really doesn't make sens to me,withdraw your first file and then send another one?!!!!!!!!!!!so,what kinda of issues or problems it would be if i send in another application with a letter saying that i already sent one 8 months or 9 months ago and they haven't got back to me since then,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!i dont see any issues there,,,,and if things keep going bad,i think we will take a layer,,,what do you think dear friends?????

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
solosunseeker said:
Good Luck Arunsgirl, I think you are making the right decision.

I hope gladiateur19 follows your lead.
love young just gave me the number of CIC,,the one i can use for calling them from out of canada,so i will try that,but as i said,we are making another file,,so anyway,we are going to apply again,,,i think im following arunsgirl,,,,lol,,,i do think she is making a right decision too,but please,tell me,what do they say when you call them and ask about your application????

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Gladiateur19, I am glad you are thinking of resubmitting. It's a good choice. It's true that we have been waiting for only 2 months, but I have read your posts before and I have noticed similarities when we tried to get information considering our file. So thank you for your posts. Without you we would have been waiting for months, too.

I suggest you resubmit despite the fact the medicals are about to expire. You only need them in stage 2, and now your concern is stage 1. So Resubmit the file and if they really have your file they will contact you and tell you that they have 2 applications now. Our lawyer told us the listings are computerized so it should be pretty easy to see they have two files from you. If they have lost your file the this new application will just go trough as an original application.

I would advise you not to get a lawyer on the case, because governments don't like to be handled legally....so if you get a lawyer so will they and that is not good. If you need to talk to someone, my husband has offered to call you or your wife and tell you or her what our lawyer told us. He basically told us to resubmit, but any details or questions, my husband can answer .If you wish to speak to him, send me your (or your wife's) phone number via personal message and he'll give you a call.

I now how dreadful you must feel and I truly hope your case gets resolved as soon as possible.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
arunsgirl said:
Gladiateur19, I am glad you are thinking of resubmitting. It's a good choice. It's true that we have been waiting for only 2 months, but I have read your posts before and I have noticed similarities when we tried to get information considering our file. So thank you for your posts. Without you we would have been waiting for months, too.

I suggest you resubmit despite the fact the medicals are about to expire. You only need them in stage 2, and now your concern is stage 1. So Resubmit the file and if they really have your file they will contact you and tell you that they have 2 applications now. Our lawyer told us the listings are computerized so it should be pretty easy to see they have two files from you. If they have lost your file the this new application will just go trough as an original application.

I would advise you not to get a lawyer on the case, because governments don't like to be handled legally....so if you get a lawyer so will they and that is not good. If you need to talk to someone, my husband has offered to call you or your wife and tell you or her what our lawyer told us. He basically told us to resubmit, but any details or questions, my husband can answer .If you wish to speak to him, send me your (or your wife's) phone number via personal message and he'll give you a call.

I now how dreadful you must feel and I truly hope your case gets resolved as soon as possible.
thank you very much arunsgirl,all what u said makes sens,so i wont get laywer now,but wait till we see what happen with the new application,,,
but tel me please,have u ever tried anc cann the call center and ask them about your application???and can you look it up on Ecas???

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Good luck to both of you but withdrawing doesn't take 8-9 months...I'd like to know where you are getting that.
Plus like gladiateur19 said, the marriage certificate from his country needs to be an original, if he withdraws then he can get that back.
Yes it might take a few months to get it back but it would be one thing less to worry about when you resubmit it because you would have your actual first application back. And I didn't say they would admit their mistakes, hardly any government does. I just can't understand that TONS of wise members of this forum would advice you of the proper steps to take yet you don't want to do them. We're looking out for your best interest which I know arunsgirl is trying to do as well but you need to look at the bigger picture. Most members here are recommending that you contact CIC yourself, contact the MP again, and withdraw. I don't know about you but I would do those things if I was wanting to make sure this wasn't going to happen to me again.

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Love_Young...I think mine and Gadiateur's application has been lost, so withdrawal will take....forever. That's why the advice for resubmitting without withdrawal. There is no legal issue with resubmitting without withdrawing.

gladiateur19 said:
but tel me please,have u ever tried anc cann the call center and ask them about your application???and can you look it up on Ecas???
My husband tried calling several times. First they told him the application is in process. After a while he called and asked if we can have an ecas number and was told the file was not open yet, so therefore there is no ecas number yet. At next call they told him they need his bank statements, even though they had a T slip already. He sent the bank statements in and we have been waiting. At that point they have also told him he will receive a snail mail letter with request for bank statements and we never received anything. After a while with nothing happening he called back and he was told the file has been transfered to another agent. After a few days he called back and he was again told that our file was not open yet, but it's in process. So that made us susspicious. How can it be in process and not open yet? How can they request bank statements and not open the file? How can they tell us they must be a letter sent for bank statements and no letter is received after a month and we live only 2 minutes away from Mississauga office.

Reading your posts, Gladiateur, this sounded familiar to me and therefore we have decided to consult a lawyer (immigration lawyer, aquaintance from a friend). He told us, this happens every here and there, that the file is misplaced or forgotten in a drawer. My husband works with the government too, so he immediately uderstood what is going on. He has had a case in his field where exactly the same thing happened, and agent processing the file went on maternity leave and put a file in a drawer. An agent who replaced her did not find the file, but the file was registered in the computer as "In process" although it was actually lost. He was waiting for 6 months and had to resubmitt, his client was not happy at all but he learned a lesson. That is why we are proceeding fast (and furious :) )

So Galdiaterur...we have called and we have no ecas number.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
arunsgirl said:
Love_Young...I think mine and Gadiateur's application has been lost, so withdrawal will take....forever. That's why the advice for resubmitting without withdrawal. There is no legal issue with resubmitting without withdrawing.
Well I wish both of you good luck after resubmitting it and hopefully it does resolve these issues.
And yes, I knew there were no legal issues with resubmitting I was simply saying it MAY cause confusion issues if they do find both.
I just hoped to give him other insight on other ways to go about the issue because there are many. I hope that you will let all of us know how things go for you afterwards.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
arunsgirl said:

My husband tried calling several times. First they told him the application is in process. After a while he called and asked if we can have an ecas number and was told the file was not open yet, so therefore there is no ecas number yet. At next call they told him they need his bank statements, even though they had a T slip already. He sent the bank statements in and we have been waiting. At that point they have also told him he will receive a snail mail letter with request for bank statements and we never received anything. After a while with nothing happening he called back and he was told the file has been transfered to another agent. After a few days he called back and he was again told that our file was not open yet, but it's in process. So that made us susspicious. How can it be in process and not open yet? How can they request bank statements and not open the file? How can they tell us they must be a letter sent for bank statements and no letter is received after a month and we live only 2 minutes away from Mississauga office.

Reading your posts, Gladiateur, this sounded familiar to me and therefore we have decided to consult a lawyer (immigration lawyer, aquaintance from a friend). He told us, this happens every here and there, that the file is misplaced or forgotten in a drawer. My husband works with the government too, so he immediately uderstood what is going on. He has had a case in his field where exactly the same thing happened, and agent processing the file went on maternity leave and put a file in a drawer. An agent who replaced her did not find the file, but the file was registered in the computer as "In process" although it was actually lost. He was waiting for 6 months and had to resubmitt, his client was not happy at all but he learned a lesson. That is why we are proceeding fast (and furious :) )

So Galdiaterur...we have called and we have no ecas number.
ouhh thank you very much arunsgirl,,telling me what happened with you and all what they kept telling you from Mississauga call center,seems like it's the same thing that is happening to me too,,,i do feel a little better now,,,,lol,,,
as i said,my only concern is that my medical is gonna expire on April 27th,so if we get the new application done before this time and we sent it there,that would be good,but what if we don't get it done till after that date?!!!!!i know the medical is gonna be needed here at the embassy office in morocco,!!!
one more thing,do we have to redo the all forms again,or just sent the photocopy of what we already have,??,
because if we need to redo the all forms again,then i have to do my forms here because i have to sign them