+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WEIRD SITUATION:(7months and my application is still in Mississauga)

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
sheila la said:
gladiateur 19, did you send the package by express post or some way of tracking it? If so, check your receipt for the tracking number and go online to see when it arrived and who signed for it.
we already have done this,,,and we have a paper saying who signed for it,and when it has been received

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
solosunseeker said:
I don't think fprince read everything just skimmed. Try Ecas with your wife's info and the number on the reciept of payment.

ECAS with your info will not work until your wife is approved.
with her infos,it doesnt work either,,,

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
i need your advice dear friends
do you think,i just have to redo a new file,or just send the photocopy of our first file?
my medical is gonna be over soon,,,,so do you think i need a new one,or just send the first one with the new application
i dont wanna waste more time,,,9 months in Mississauga,,,that's really insane
i wanna try and send another file,,,,what do you think?

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
Personally I think that sending a second application would only create more confusion, and possible worse problems until you find out what happened to the first one.

I can only imagine how desperate you and your wife must feel, and my best wishes are with both of you. But until this situation gets resolved I feel that throwing in another application would only hurt you.

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There does appear to be a Customers Service Department with the CIC. Not just the people who answer the phones, it another department. It's hard to get transfered to them. I would guess they would recieve your wife's complain letter.

Has she contacted her MP, to do a case inquiry?

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hello
yes,it's really hard,,,and we are confused now,we don't know what to do!!!!!my wife is doing another application,so now i dont know if we should send it in or no???but it's almost 9 months now,since we have sent our first application,and i haven't seen my wife for a year now,,,it's really hard,and i don't know how to get a special number of Mississauga,so she can call them and talk to them,,,,
and for the complaining letter,i dont know if they got it either or no,,,

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
gladiateur19, it appears to me your wife is not persistent with CIC. She should not leave the phone conversation with them until she gets the answer. If the application was sent and you have a tracking receipt saying they received it, then sponsorship approval should have begun. If so, tell your wife that she needs to tell them to resend the letter of approval or denial as she has not received it. It will force CIC to re-open your file in Missisauga. Also give your wife the link to order the CAIPS notes to find out what has happened. (someone else gave the link in this post somewhere). If the file is in limbo, she can/should then go to her member of parliament and ask him/her to intervene for her.

I hope this helps.

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ok first up, you need to take it easy getting worked up is exactly what i did when my application was in process, All the doubts in your mind are making you paranoid.

If CIC says your application is in process it is. I know its been long since you received any response from them but that is how it works, here in Canada you dont get to talk to the officers face to face until the time comes for interviews etc.

Now what i can tell is your application is not outbound it is Inbound, How i know this is i applied inbound and the same issue as you "why did i not receive a letter saying what my client number is etc" the first letter you will receive from Immigration is the approval letters saying your spouse is able to sponsor you i.e. met financial requirements etc. Then you will receive your letter, in my case they sent my wifes letter to our home address and mine went to my old address which they had on file when i first came to canada as a student. It was not until i got my wifes letter and followed up with CIC that i discovered my approval letter had been sent to my old address and was told that a new one would be sent out in three weeks even though a decision had been made.

I submitted my application in December of 2009 and did not hear anything until September 2010.

Take it easy friend and like they say no news is sometimes good news

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Hi!

Resubmit the file.

My husband and I are in a similar situation as you. We sent the application on January 21st and since then we had nothing but "it's in process" answers. We consulted a lawyer today and he told us to resubmit the file as soon as possible. If they are processing the file they will call and tell us there are two files and if they've lost the file they will just process a new one normally. So...

...resubmit the file.

Good luck and don't lose hope.

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Arunsgirl, May i ask if your lawyer is charging you again for preparing another case? if so i would doubt that advice.

If CIC states it is in process then take their word for it. If the package had been lost of misplaced there would be no status to check in the first place.

Please be careful if dealing with consultants or lawyers as most are driven by the monetary value

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sasmak said:
Arunsgirl, May i ask if your lawyer is charging you again for preparing another case? if so i would doubt that advice.

If CIC states it is in process then take their word for it. If the package had been lost of misplaced there would be no status to check in the first place.

Please be careful if dealing with consultants or lawyers as most are driven by the monetary value

Yes be carefull when dealing with lawyers or whoever

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
No offense arunsgirl but I am not sure that is the best advice for this situation.
They really need to find more information out about their file before submitting another or else it could cause more problems than necessary. Plus just in my opinion, if they decided to submit another one, I think it would be in their best interest to withdraw the other one and then reapply. Just my 2 cents though.. ::)

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soooooo,

gladiateur19 and arunsgirl can NOT find their applications in the system. How long would you wait?

Last year, I was told by both CIC and my MP to continue to wait. They were both wrong, this was the WORST advise possible and it cost my husband and I more than 8 months of our lives together.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I am not saying to wait. You are misinterpreting me.
I am simply saying it would be in their best interest to try all they can on their end of this and keep pressing for information.
If after pressing as hard as possible, then they should look into reapplying but if they made a mistake on the first one to cause it to somehow get delayed then how do you know (without knowing what has caused it or knowing if they made the mistake) that if wouldn't happen again for a second time. And no I wouldn't want to wait either (nobody does) but I would want to make sure I knew what happened before letting it happen again a second time. Maybe I am just pre-cautious though...

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
sasmak said:

Our lawyer is not preparing our file, he was only consulted on the matter of no progress and he didn't charged us for that either. So he got no money out of it and his advice was: resubmit as soon as possible ... on your own, no lawyer or consultant needed. So we are going with his advice. Luckily my husband has photocopies of everything and he'll just submit that. Then we'll wait, maybe they'll find the file maybe they'll want the originals again. We just want the procedure MOVING, because we don't want to wait for another 6 months or so. So...Gladiateur 19...there is no legal problem in resubmitting. And don't withdraw the file first because that will take longer.