+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We just came back from vfs global for biometrics, I need some info?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hello,

Today I went with the applicant to VFSglobal to do her biometrics, after the bio was done, the lady said that I should expect an email from IRCC in about three/four days... She said it was a request letter from IRCC and I need to bring back to VSFglobal, and I also need to leave my passport with them. We did not do medical yet, we will do it in a few days, so I doubt it's PPR. Anyone could shed some light on this?

Thank you

Last edited:

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
Hello,

Today I went with the applicant to VFSglobal to do her biometrics, after the bio was done, the lady said that I should expect an email from IRCC in about three/four days... She said it was a request letter from IRCC and I need to bring back with VSFglobal and I also need to leave my passport with them. We did not do medical yet, we will do it in a few days, so I doubt it's PPR. Anyone could shed some light on this?

Thank you
without medical examination cic never request ppr

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hello,

Today I went with the applicant to VFSglobal to do her biometrics, after the bio was done, the lady said that I should expect an email from IRCC in about three/four days... She said it was a request letter from IRCC and I need to bring back with VSFglobal and I also need to leave my passport with them. We did not do medical yet, we will do it in a few days, so I doubt it's PPR. Anyone could shed some light on this?

Thank you
She just probably meant once ur process is complete and you get your PPR, you submit your passport at the same VFS. Long way to go.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
She just probably meant once ur process is complete and you get your PPR, you submit your passport at the same VFS. Long way to go.
I knew she was giving me wrong information, they need to be very careful what kind of information they are giving, she also handed me a little piece of paper with courier prices. I thought the PPR was from IRCC and we had to send our passport to Sydney or local Canadian embassy? I did not know that VSFglobal stamps the passport with the PR visa?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,

Today I went with the applicant to VFSglobal to do her biometrics, after the bio was done, the lady said that I should expect an email from IRCC in about three/four days... She said it was a request letter from IRCC and I need to bring back to VSFglobal, and I also need to leave my passport with them. We did not do medical yet, we will do it in a few days, so I doubt it's PPR. Anyone could shed some light on this?

Thank you
What are they applying for? Were you requested to do medicals?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
What are they applying for? Were you requested to do medicals?
We are applying for PR, we were requested medical almost at the same time with biometrics. I think the lady at VSFglobal is not giving correct information. I know that PR takes between 6-12 months, and yes you need to pass your medical of you are requested to do one. I think she is jumping the boat.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I knew she was giving me wrong information, they need to be very careful what kind of information they are giving, she also handed me a little piece of paper with courier prices. I thought the PPR was from IRCC and we had to send our passport to Sydney or local Canadian embassy? I did not know that VSFglobal stamps the passport with the PR visa?
Vfs does not stamp the Visa or gives the COPR. They are merely IRCC’s trusted partner for transmi
VFS does not stamp PR visa or provides COPR. They are merely IRCC’s trusted partner for transmission of your Passport from your city (or nearest city that has vfs) to the Canadian Embassy in your PA’s country and back.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We are applying for PR, we were requested medical almost at the same time with biometrics. I think the lady at VSFglobal is not giving correct information. I know that PR takes between 6-12 months, and yes you need to pass your medical of you are requested to do one. I think she is jumping the boat.
Perhaps something is wrong with the biometrics and so she might need to go back and redo them. If this is the case, I always wonder why people get messages from IRCC that their biometrics were not clear and should go back and redo, why can't the VFS just redo them until they get it right :mad:....Anyway lets not hope for the worst.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Vfs does not stamp the Visa or gives the COPR. They are merely IRCC’s trusted partner for transmi

VFS does not stamp PR visa or provides COPR. They are merely IRCC’s trusted partner for transmission of your Passport from your city (or nearest city that has vfs) to the Canadian Embassy in your PA’s country and back.
This is the piece of paper that was given to us: https://ibb.co/V3QfQc7

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
So you do have an option to submit your passport via VAC.....May be thats what vac representative was referring to?
The way she explained it to me, I HAD to go back there and give them my passport, it was never an option to do it or not... Even from the paper I uploaded, it's not an option. Maybe, she thought I was processing my application with them? I never used a representative, me and my partner did and sent the application to CIC.. I think these people at VFSglobal need to be more careful what kind of information they give to clients...

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
The way she explained it to me, I HAD to go back there and give them my passport, it was never an option to do it or not... Even from the paper I uploaded, it's not an option. Maybe, she thought I was processing my application with them? I never used a representative, me and my partner did and sent the application to CIC.. I think these people at VFSglobal need to be more careful what kind of information they give to clients...
Technically, she is right. You do HAVE to give your passport to the VFS once you get your Passport Request because that is the only way of transmitting your passport from your city to the Canadian Embassy in the country. The paper you got clearly states ‘once you get your passport request letter...’ The other stuff is the fees for additional services like courier to ur home directly if u don’t want to pick your passport from VFS and the SMS service for updates about tracking (for future ref, don’t get this. Its slow to update. You will anyways get emails). Dont worry about things now until the PPR comes.

Reactions: StephanH

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Technically, she is right. You do HAVE to give your passport to the VFS once you get your Passport Request because that is the only way of transmitting your passport from your city to the Canadian Embassy in the country. The paper you got clearly states ‘once you get your passport request letter...’ The other stuff is the fees for additional services like courier to ur home directly if u don’t want to pick your passport from VFS and the SMS service for updates about tracking (for future ref, don’t get this. Its slow to update. You will anyways get emails). Dont worry about things now until the PPR comes.
Thanks for clearing this up, I've thought that they were only doing BM and we are done with them, I did not know that we have to give our passport to them when IRCC sends PPR... I've thought when PPR comes, we just send the passport to the Embassy of Canada here in the PH's ourselves. Why does VSFglobal request this?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks for clearing this up, I've thought that they were only doing BM and we are done with them, I did not know that we have to give our passport to them when IRCC sends PPR... I've thought when PPR comes, we just send the passport to the Embassy of Canada here in the PH's ourselves. Why does VSFglobal request this?
The rule for visa exempt countries is that once they get their PPR, they only have to send their passport copy along with a return envelope for their COPR. Since PH is not a visa exempt country you need a single entry visa to Canada and hence need to send passport. They do not directly entertain passport through any courier company. They have given VFS Global the authority to be the ‘middleman’ of sorts for sending and receiving passports.

Reactions: StephanH

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You do need to submit your passport...to VAC once you receive your PPR. What might not be clear is "I should expect an email from IRCC in about three/four days... She said it was a request letter from IRCC and I need to bring back to VSFglobal". It is not normal that they (VAC) would know the dates that you would receive PPR from CIC; especially as you have not done medicals yet. I dont think it is related to PPR...Might be something else