+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We have the same funds with my wife. Should I split it or write the same amount for each of us?

dogukan1221

Mar 23, 2018
On the application form,
it asks for funds available.

I apply for myself and my wife. Let's say I have 50 USD. Should I write 25 USD for myself (in my form where it asks for funds available) and write 25 USD for my wife?

Or should I write 50 for myself and 50 for my wife since we both have access the same money?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
On the application form,
it asks for funds available.

I apply for myself and my wife. Let's say I have 50 USD. Should I write 25 USD for myself (in my form where it asks for funds available) and write 25 USD for my wife?

Or should I write 50 for myself and 50 for my wife since we both have access the same money?
If these bank accounts and financial investments are in both names then split the amount 50:50.

You would also want to explain why you have indicated part-amounts + you will have shared expenses.... in the cover letter

dogukan1221

Mar 23, 2018
If these bank accounts and financial investments are in both names then split the amount 50:50.

You would also want to explain why you have indicated part-amounts + you will have shared expenses.... in the cover letter
Thank you. We do not have a shared account and we will have mainly cash on us. Then should I leave the space empty in her form and explain further in the cover letter that we will share the same resources.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Thank you. We do not have a shared account and we will have mainly cash on us. Then should I leave the space empty in her form and explain further in the cover letter that we will share the same resources.
Are you applying for visitor visa ? will you and your wife both coming to Canada as Visitor?
You should split the amount into your original account and give letter of explanation to CIC for expenses.

dogukan1221

Mar 23, 2018
Are you applying for visitor visa ? will you and your wife both coming to Canada as Visitor?
You should split the amount into your original account and give letter of explanation to CIC for expenses.
We are coming for visitor visa. She will come as visitor as well. What do you mean by 'split the amount into your original account' - do you mean to write 50% of it in her application form and 50% of it in my application form ? Or just write 100% in my form and explain it in the letter?

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
We are coming for visitor visa. She will come as visitor as well. What do you mean by 'split the amount into your original account' - do you mean to write 50% of it in her application form and 50% of it in my application form ? Or just write 100% in my form and explain it in the letter?
Visitor visa you must show a funds to satisfy officer that you will return back to your home country when your visa expires. the amount you can show/write for visitor it's your choice.just show the funds you and your wife have and don't need to write 50-50.if you have $10,000 and your wife have $5000 then write the way it is because you will need bank statements of 6 months to prove in documents and make sure the statements are good enough to satisfy officer.

dogukan1221

Mar 23, 2018
Visitor visa you must show a funds to satisfy officer that you will return back to your home country when your visa expires. the amount you can show/write for visitor it's your choice.just show the funds you and your wife have and don't need to write 50-50.if you have $10,000 and your wife have $5000 then write the way it is because you will need bank statements of 6 months to prove in documents and make sure the statements are good enough to satisfy officer.
Thank you. But my challenge is that she does not have an active bank account. We can open up and invest money in it but it would not look good.
How else can I show that we have enough amount?

May be I should put our sponsor's bank account for the last 6 months with my pay stubs etc.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your invitee's bank account balance is pretty much irrelevant for a TRV application. You need to be able to show sufficient funds to support yourself.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you have cash, you should prove that you have earned it + it matches your declared sources of income.

The visa officer can cross-check this cash from your tax assessment, salary certificate/pay stubs, etc