+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

we got refused, can i still submit a reconsideration letter in Canadian embassy?

rtl018

Feb 13, 2010
just a few days ago we just got refused in Canadian embassy for permanent residency in Canada because of failure to submit the ielts result to the Canadian embassy due to a very hectic schedule from work.. Can i still submit a reconsideration letter to the Canadian embassy? I cannot reapply for 1 more application for permanent residency in Canada because now Im already 52 years old and also may husband.. If we reapply for 1 more, we will be getting a deduction of 6 points due to our age, We will not meet the required 67 points if we do reapply. So now I am thinking of submitting a reconsideration letter to the embassy if they can reconsider to reopen my application.. Is that possible? plzz help me

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your rejection but unfortunately you are given ONLY one chance to submit your documents. Once the time limit expires, your file is opened and a decision is taken based on the contents in your file.

CHC will not entertain any further correspondence on a file that has been closed based on various comments in this forum.

Your only chance is to re-apply again. In order to scale the age hurdle, I would suggest you take up french peradventure you might be able to score six points in the test.

My 2cents.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rtl018 said:
just a few days ago we just got refused in Canadian embassy for permanent residency in Canada because of failure to submit the ielts result to the Canadian embassy due to a very hectic schedule from work.. Can i still submit a reconsideration letter to the Canadian embassy? I cannot reapply for 1 more application for permanent residency in Canada because now Im already 52 years old and also may husband.. If we reapply for 1 more, we will be getting a deduction of 6 points due to our age, We will not meet the required 67 points if we do reapply. So now I am thinking of submitting a reconsideration letter to the embassy if they can reconsider to reopen my application.. Is that possible? plzz help me

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Let me tell you that one of my friend applied in 2005 and given the address of his work place p.o.Box number (college) Unfortunately his letter was missed from post. You know it was open Box and in college they keep all post in open box so any one can take any letter from it including students too etc...
When he did not hear any thing after 1 years ( time to close his file) He wrote to CHC and they agree to consider his case and given him time to resubmit his documents. Now he already received the medical request. ( may it is depend on his profession and age)
His CHC office is London.
You can write to them and explain your situation if they accept well and good. If not then reapply and try to get other points like taking French or arranged job offer etc...
What is your visa office ?

rtl018

Feb 13, 2010
hmisabpk said:
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Let me tell you that one of my friend applied in 2005 and given the address of his work place p.o.Box number (college) Unfortunately his letter was missed from post. You know it was open Box and in college they keep all post in open box so any one can take any letter from it including students too etc...
When he did not hear any thing after 1 years ( time to close his file) He wrote to CHC and they agree to consider his case and given him time to resubmit his documents. Now he already received the medical request. ( may it is depend on his profession and age)
His CHC office is London.
You can write to them and explain your situation if they accept well and good. If not then reapply and try to get other points like taking French or arranged job offer etc...
What is your visa office ?
ok I'll submit a reconsideration letter to CHC. I hope they will accept and consider my request. My visa office is here in Manila, in Philippines.

rtl018

Feb 13, 2010
when I submit a reconsideration letter does it need to undergo to CIC? Can I directly submit my reconsideration letter to the visa office?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rtl018 said:
when I submit a reconsideration letter does it need to undergo to CIC? Can I directly submit my reconsideration letter to the visa office?
It is directed to the Program Manager at the visa office that refused the application.

PMM

jayclinton

Feb 15, 2010
I have a similiar problem.
I applied in London and I got 65 points and received a letter of refusal. I was not given any point for Adaptability even though I have a brother living in Canada and I stated it on my application.

What do I do, casue I should get 5 points for my sibling being in Canada, and that will make my total 70 points

I did not submit any birth certificate with my application cause we use affidavits in my country.

Please advise urgently.
Thank you

fullparaishan

Nov 30, 2009
there is a special system in between visa officers, that officer have right to give u some additional points BUT they wait for your official request to use his right other wise they will not use there right. but i think this can be only done at the time of interview only.

Alwani

Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
Please share your experience with me for the letter of consideration etc.

ishaikh

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 2012
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
Is there any time frame after decision made in which you can send a reconsideration letter to Visa office/program manager??

regards

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwi1 said:
u've been refused already so there is no harm in submitting a reconsideration letter to the VO that refused your application.
if u have ur brother's birth cert then prepare a letter explaining the circumstances and then attach it.
if as u said ur country don't have birth cert, which am a bit surprised, and only use affidavits, then prepare a letter explaining that and have it notarized..who knows it will make a difference...
Mr.Kiwi, May be u r very late on this :D

ishaikh

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 2012
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
What is time frame in which we can request for Reconsideration ???

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
rtl018 said:
Exactly in the same situation an applicant requested to extend the submitting time. They accepted but the applicant submitted IELTS result even with delay and found in CAIPS note they awarded him 10 points.
So you should politely request to reconsider and extending time limit. Hope for the best.