+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

phakabir06

Jul 16, 2023
@Naturgrl
I applied for a visitor visa with my wife and kid .Nov. 9th 2022. We has been rejected in the past so we didnt need to do biometric. In May this year ircc sent me message to provide police certificate in Nigeria and united states. I did masters in united states . I am presently in Nigeria and have provided the Nigeria police certificate also have done an electronic summary for the United states by providing finger prints .which have already uploaded in the webform last month. I called my MP in British coloumbia to actually know the status of my application. I signed a consent form and after few weeks they replied that eligibility has passed while criminality has also passed. That they are reviewing the document I sent last which is the united states police certificate. Please what does eligibility passed and criminality passed and also what's background verification. Because in my tracker its saying eligibility completed. Background verification in progress.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl
I applied for a visitor visa with my wife and kid .Nov. 9th 2022. We has been rejected in the past so we didnt need to do biometric. In May this year ircc sent me message to provide police certificate in Nigeria and united states. I did masters in united states . I am presently in Nigeria and have provided the Nigeria police certificate also have done an electronic summary for the United states by providing finger prints .which have already uploaded in the webform last month. I called my MP in British coloumbia to actually know the status of my application. I signed a consent form and after few weeks they replied that eligibility has passed while criminality has also passed. That they are reviewing the document I sent last which is the united states police certificate. Please what does eligibility passed and criminality passed and also what's background verification. Because in my tracker its saying eligibility completed. Background verification in progress.

Thank you
Seems like it is still is in background check which has to do with criminal, police and immigration checked.

phakabir06

Jul 16, 2023
Thank you . And what does it mean when eligibility has passed. And in my tracker its saying completed. MP told me its has passed. Also do you know how long does the background check takes. I have never have issue with police immigration . Have uploaded what they asked for and guess that's what they have been reviewing .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you . And what does it mean when eligibility has passed. And in my tracker its saying completed. MP told me its has passed. Also do you know how long does the background check takes. I have never have issue with police immigration . Have uploaded what they asked for and guess that's what they have been reviewing .
So eligibility review is completed which is a good sign. Just need to wait. Assume you have declared all refusals. Are you in Canada because you talk about your MP.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
@Naturgrl

Thank you
Confused as to why an MP is getting involved in a visitor visa application when you mentioned you applied with a visitor visa for yourself & wife/child . And you said you’ve all been rejected in the past ?
Are you in Canada ? Work permit ? Status ?
If you’re outside the country applying for a visa as a visitor, you don’t have an MP and why they are getting involved in a visitor visa application

phakabir06

Jul 16, 2023
Yes I declared all refusals including canada. Yes I email MP of the province am going. They replied and sent me authorization form . It was like after three weeks or so they replied after have called directly on phone. They spoke to ircc on my behalf. Am not in canada.

phakabir06

Jul 16, 2023
I was surprised when the ircc said I should also provide police certificate for Nigeria and united states. Since it's not permanent residence. And I thought they said they share security connections. But I provided it for them already since my slates are clean. The MP was the one that now said the eligibility has passed, criminality also passed that the documents I submitted. They specify the date . That they are actively reviewing on it that it looks like it will be approve shortly .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was surprised when the ircc said I should also provide police certificate for Nigeria and united states. Since it's not permanent residence. And I thought they said they share security connections. But I provided it for them already since my slates are clean. The MP was the one that now said the eligibility has passed, criminality also passed that the documents I submitted. They specify the date . That they are actively reviewing on it that it looks like it will be approve shortly .
OK but for a TRV wondered why you got an MP involved when you are not even in Canada. MPs are for constituents. Taxpayers pay their salaries.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

phakabir06

Jul 16, 2023
My friend that invited me is a citizen . So he called on my behalf to know the status. When I sent them email. They said they can ask ircc about the status and ircc will give them reply on it . And the reply was detailed . Like accurate

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
OK but for a TRV wondered why you got an MP involved when you are not even in Canada. MPs are for constituents. Taxpayers pay their salaries.
The MP should not have gotten involved. It was extremely poor judgment.
It’s irrelevant if the friend is a citizen. The visa was for a non citizen , no connection what do ever . Being friends with a citizen isn’t relevant in the scheme of things

Reactions: Naturgrl