+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to apply for skilled work in canada

tensach

May 16, 2011
hi,

i am currently on my h1 visa 5th year and just started applying gc. but i dont know if it goes through in time or not. i want to apply for skilled worker in canada. i mailed to buffalo canada embassy but they redirected to immigration site of canada. i am into IT field and when i looked into cic.dc.ca i got confused with it. can any one of you explain how to apply for skilled worker and do i need any consultant for that. i see lot of consultants mentioned in the cic.gc.ca site also but i dont want to pay someone unknown. cant i send my documents directly to quebec or different cities so that processing starts. please tell me the procedure so that i can be greatful. if anyone of you applied from usa, let me know ur email so that i can talk with you. thanks a lot.

- bubli

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
You need to read the cic.gc.ca website and understand the procedure.

There are different categories through which you can apply for Permanent Residence.
1. Federal Skilled Worker: If you have experience in any of 29 occupations listed ont he website you can apply. Unfortunately IT is not one of those. Hence you need to go through Arranged Employment, where a company offers you employment.
2. Canadian Experience Class: Get temperory work permit stay for a year or 2 and than apply for PR.
3. Provincial Nomination: Apply to a province, especially Quebec(the rules are diff and processing is faster) though u'll need to learn French.

No need for a consultant. You can do it on your own. Its simple once you understand.
In case you want a consultant, take services from a reputed one(for eg. the owner of this board)
Hope that helps.

tensach

May 16, 2011
HI,

thanks for the information. i did go through the site and i find noc code for my field (database administrator) is 2172. i may be wrong but i see my field in the federall skilled worker. for applying temporary work permit i shuld first get a job or? how should i proceed on this can you please help me on this. i have a relative over there. is it possible i go on visitor visa and find a job? please help me.

- bubli

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Unfortunately 2172 is not in the 29 NOCs listed so u can't apply without Arranged employment.
You can
1. As you suggested go on visitor visa and search for a job.
2. On this basis you can get a temperory work permit(after that you can apply on basis of Canadian Experience Class) or else if you get permenant job offer than go for FSW on basis of Arranged employment.
3. Check Quebec Immigration site and check if you are eligible to apply. You can apply for Quebec skilled immigration. You'll need French language skills for that and will be ready to live there.
If your relative in in Quebec you can claim additional points(please note relative means parents/siblings/niece/nephew/grandparents. Cousin won't be counted in close relatives.

You can give me a Personal message if you want more details

tensach said:
HI,

thanks for the information. i did go through the site and i find noc code for my field (database administrator) is 2172. i may be wrong but i see my field in the federall skilled worker. for applying temporary work permit i shuld first get a job or? how should i proceed on this can you please help me on this. i have a relative over there. is it possible i go on visitor visa and find a job? please help me.

- bubli

tensach

May 16, 2011
Hi,

can you give me any mail address so that i can communicate with u. i tried to send personal message and it gave me error that i cant send personal message dont know why it gave me that error. i want to clarify few more things from u. do u live in india or usa? can u send me personal message so that i can reply to it. thanks you.

- bubli

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
If you are in India than you can cal me.