+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiver of 2nd medical test if there was a test done in last 5 years

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi there,
I am a PNP applicant and my paper based application submitted to IRCC. I have recently received the AOR number and Linked it to my GC Key account. I recently have come across a IRCC circular, shared below that says I do not need to do a medical test again if I can share the UMI number for the test I have done in last 5 years. This would save lot of money for 4 family members and also times as I do not need to be in the queue of the medical test again. I am a Canadian resident now on PGWP.

My PR application is non express entry or paper based stream.

My questions are;
1. What is the best way of informing IRCC on my previous UMI [Unique Medical Identifier] number? is it through Web form only.
2. Where do I find that UMI number? i check my previous application data in GC key, it does not state any such number.
3. My 2020 tests were for study permit, will it work for PR application or it is a different set of tests?

Circular Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/2022-foreign-exempt-ime.html

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hi there,
I am a PNP applicant and my paper based application submitted to IRCC. I have recently received the AOR number and Linked it to my GC Key account. I recently have come across a IRCC circular, shared below that says I do not need to do a medical test again if I can share the UMI number for the test I have done in last 5 years. This would save lot of money for 4 family members and also times as I do not need to be in the queue of the medical test again. I am a Canadian resident now on PGWP.

My PR application is non express entry or paper based stream.

My questions are;
1. What is the best way of informing IRCC on my previous UMI [Unique Medical Identifier] number? is it through Web form only.
2. Where do I find that UMI number? i check my previous application data in GC key, it does not state any such number.
3. My 2020 tests were for study permit, will it work for PR application or it is a different set of tests?

Circular Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/2022-foreign-exempt-ime.html

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
I have not reached your stage yet, but regarding the medical, you can get your full medical report with the UMI number on top right hand side by sending a mail to the Medical facility that conducted your tests for the SP. I wrote to them and they share the full PDFs. They cannot withhold it, so ask for it. Since your application is already submitted, the webforms are the only way to add further documents to your existing file. So once you get the certificate and UMI, raise a webform, it seems the logical thing to do.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
I have not reached your stage yet, but regarding the medical, you can get your full medical report with the UMI number on top right hand side by sending a mail to the Medical facility that conducted your tests for the SP. I wrote to them and they share the full PDFs. They cannot withhold it, so ask for it. Since your application is already submitted, the webforms are the only way to add further documents to your existing file. So once you get the certificate and UMI, raise a webform, it seems the logical thing to do.
Thanks it make sense. Are you saying that they medical test centre will share the completed report with me?

I figured out a UMI number in2 page print out they gave me during my test as a proof that I have submitteu Tests.

btw. The question now is whether the medical test for SP will be enough for tests of PR. Do you know if these are the same test?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Thanks it make sense. Are you saying that they medical test centre will share the completed report with me?

I figured out a UMI number in2 page print out they gave me during my test as a proof that I have submitteu Tests.

btw. The question now is whether the medical test for SP will be enough for tests of PR. Do you know if these are the same test?
I managed to get the full report from the center (except the X-Rays) by asking for it. Its about 6-7 pages long with the test results for each test. The UMI number is there in the 2 pager as well, so yes, thats what you need and probably dont need to upload the longer version of the report. I am not so sure whether the medical test for SP is valid for PR, my take on that is that you first upload the medical reports via the webform and hope for the best. The validity of medicals is for 12 months so if IRCC asks for it, there is no option but to do it over again.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
In my case, I submitted my Federal application in July 2022, got my AOR November 2022. I was waiting for MR but got MP in December 2022 (they automatically used my old medical).

Background: International student in 2019 (I did my upfront medical in 2018).

Each cases may be different, though.

Reactions: Miracle2018

shravs61

Feb 24, 2023
In my case, I submitted my Federal application in July 2022, got my AOR November 2022. I was waiting for MR but got MP in December 2022 (they automatically used my old medical).

I haven't submitted my application yet but have my old medical report. Where do I upload it? As a supporting document under proof of medicals?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I haven't submitted my application yet but have my old medical report. Where do I upload it? As a supporting document under proof of medicals?
I didn't submit my old medical report as the temporary policy was not in effect then. Sorry, don't know the answer to your question...

Reactions: AskBD and shravs61

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019

Thanks a lot . I shared my umi no using web form now let’s see