+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on Oath ceremony

Cpr2cc

Nov 16, 2022
Hey all,
My wife and I sent in our application through mail in October 2020 which was “processed” on on Feb 2021. We took and passed the citizenship test on Feb 2022. The application tracker shows that we have finished all steps except take the oath. It has been this way since early June.
We have sent emails multiple times with absolutely no new info. We have reached out the a couple MPs one of whom actually responded to our email but nothing came of that either.
We have tried calling the help number but it never connects me to a human.
We know at least a couple people who have applied after us, took the test after us and have already received their passports. All this time we’re just left guessing
Anyone else in this situation?

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
I am sorry you and many people have to go through this IRCC is a joke till u get your passport in hand they'll keep draining whenever possible.

Please hide your caller ID and call These idiots think we are lifeless and call them for fun. so they put our number in some filter if we call them more than once. Or use a completely different number that you have never used before to call. At the same time, if you have not already please request GCMS notes. once I have the notes i will reach out to the MP have it escalated. Wish you the best!

Reactions: Cpr2cc

Cpr2cc

Nov 16, 2022
Thanks bud. What’s baffling is the sheer randomness and slow down of the process. We had all paperwork and processes completed and yet there’s no progress and no ETA for when this process actually comes to completion. People have gotten their passports in hand within a couple months of taking the test and we’ve been waiting 10 months with nothing left to finish.