+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on COPR and getting married soon

sammyd95

Dec 5, 2023
Hello

So I got PNP from Alberta in August. Got ITA on September 16th. Submitted docs on 3rd October. My biometrics got done on 23rd October while IRCC requested additional docs (family information) on 9th November. Since then, the tracker is on "background verification" and I am waiting on COPR and passport request.

Now I am getting married in the first week of January. Can someone guide me on how to proceed? I want my spouse to accompany me.

I have gone through multiple threads and it is for sure I have to inform IRCC.

1) Now is it better I inform them in these days before COPR?
2) Wait for COPR and then inform them?
3) Wait until marriage is done and then inform them on the same day?
4) Which option to go in the IRCC web form as there are multiple options.

If someone can guide, it'll be great.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello

So I got PNP from Alberta in August. Got ITA on September 16th. Submitted docs on 3rd October. My biometrics got done on 23rd October while IRCC requested additional docs (family information) on 9th November. Since then, the tracker is on "background verification" and I am waiting on COPR and passport request.

Now I am getting married in the first week of January. Can someone guide me on how to proceed? I want my spouse to accompany me.

I have gone through multiple threads and it is for sure I have to inform IRCC.

1) Now is it better I inform them in these days before COPR?
2) Wait for COPR and then inform them?
3) Wait until marriage is done and then inform them on the same day?
4) Which option to go in the IRCC web form as there are multiple options.

If someone can guide, it'll be great.
1. you can only inform IRCC about it once you get married. Else they'll ask for marriage certificate that you won't have.
2. once you get married, send a webform and IRCC will add your spouse to your application.
3. submit a webform or call. Plenty of such past cases here on this forum, dig through them.

sammyd95

Dec 5, 2023
Thanks
Yes did go through the cases, most of them were asked for the marriage certificate after they had submitted the web form. The request for additional documents came after at least a couple of weeks.
I was hoping I can submit the IRCC web form and by the time IRCC request me for documents, I will have gotten married and have my documents ready.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks
Yes did go through the cases, most of them were asked for the marriage certificate after they had submitted the web form. The request for additional documents came after at least a couple of weeks.
I was hoping I can submit the IRCC web form and by the time IRCC request me for documents, I will have gotten married and have my documents ready.
In that case, it is your choice :) You know enough to make an informed decision here.