+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting from 1.5 months for temporary visitor visa

Ko_kau

May 22, 2019
Hello to all,
Actually I applied online temporary visitor visa for my parents on 5 April from Chandigarh, India but still not able to get any update. My both parents are government employees. I got letter regarding biometrics . Is it normal ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilpreet3937

mlingat

May 21, 2019
Hello to all,
Actually I applied online temporary visitor visa for my parents on 5 April from Chandigarh, India but still not able to get any update. I got correspondence letter regarding biometrics . Is it normal ?
When did you receive the correnpondence letter?

Reactions: Ko_kau

mlingat

May 21, 2019
7 April regarding biometrics
They said many of the applicants waited for months for the final decision after receiving the correspondence of biometrics. So i think thats normal. Or we wait for the reply from the experts here. Im just a newbie too. :)

Reactions: Ko_kau

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello to all,
Actually I applied online temporary visitor visa for my parents on 5 April from Chandigarh, India but still not able to get any update. My both parents are government employees. I got correspondence letter regarding biometrics . Is it normal ?
What is the status online?

Ko_kau

May 22, 2019
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
And you say, the Correspondence Letter a.k.a the Biometric Validity letter (that comes in online account) has been sent to them in April itself?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
We got biometric collection on 7 April and they had biometric intervie on 15 .
But you just said in your first post that you got your Correspondence Letter as well? That's the final step before a decision is made on your file.

Here:-

Hello to all,
Actually I applied online temporary visitor visa for my parents on 5 April from Chandigarh, India but still not able to get any update. My both parents are government employees. I got correspondence letter regarding biometrics . Is it normal ?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Last time, I got biometrics collection letter that was last update
Biometric Collection is NOT Correspondence Letter.

The former is just a request letter asking you to get the bios done. While latter validates your bios and is followed by a decision.

Okay, so after the bios were done, the biometric details (dates, enrollment number) were updated online?
Have you received any Acknowledgment Email (In email inbox/spam and not in online account) ?
You seem to be over 13 days already (calendar not working), did you raise a CSE using webform, did you get a reply (it takes 7-30 days)?

Ko_kau

May 22, 2019
Biometric Collection is NOT Correspondence Letter.

The former is just a request letter asking you to get the bios done. While latter validates your bios and is followed by a decision.

Okay, so after the bios were done, the biometric details (dates, enrollment number) were updated online?
Have you received any Acknowledgment Email (In email inbox/spam and not in online account) ?
You seem to be over 13 days already (calendar not working), did you raise a CSE using webform, did you get a reply (it takes 7-30 days)?
There is no updation of biometrics .what do you mean by acknowledgement Email please explain in detail. I made online enquiry but I did not got any reply .

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
There is no updation of biometrics .what do you mean by acknowledgement Email please explain in detail. I made online enquiry but I did not got any reply .

The Biometric Details are updated in the "Applicant Info" section in the online application.
The Acknowledgment email has a subject "Visitor Acknowledgement Letter" and comes (generally) in inbox after the biometrics are received by the IRCC.
Webform takes 7-30 days, so you have to wait to get a reply

Ko_kau

May 22, 2019
Yeah I got acknowledgement letter and I can see biometric number . They are reflecting we are processing your background check and reviewing eligibility requirements and application is in progress in the application step sections .