+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Visa Before University Registration

aapothen

Oct 26, 2017
Hi,

I have got accepted in Carleton University for the Winter 2018 session. Subsequently, I applied for my study permit and received a refusal citing "Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of previous qualifications ..... ". Accordingly, I have reapplied with a stronger Letter of Explanation and additional documents that support my application. The fee payment deadline for this university is November 25 and they add up late payment fee and interest after this date. Is it okay if I pay my fee before this deadline, before my visa is approved? In case it get refused the second time, I was wondering if there's any way to obtain a fee refund from the University?

Thanks in advance for any help you would be able to provide.

Prabhpahul singh

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
In which course are your previous studies and which course did you get into.?
Why was your visa rejected because university saw something only then they gave you offer letter.

aapothen

Oct 26, 2017
In which course are your previous studies and which course did you get into.?
Why was your visa rejected because university saw something only then they gave you offer letter.
I did my Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. Subsequently, I started working as a research staff at the Department of Aerospace Engg, IISc. Based on this, I have got an admission into the Aerospace Engineering MASc program at Carleton. I believe that I had not defended my position well in my Letter of Explanation for visa. I had also not included my transcripts and TOEFL score (I realised later that I should attach these along with my Letter of Explanation).