+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for the Oath - Surrey Office

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
I tried the email you shared, we will see if something happens.
20 months that I'm waiting now...

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I received this as a response today, hopefully will ask them again on Monday about the queue they are referring to. I sent the email to this address : DNCITSRYCEREMONY@cic.gc.ca

Good Afternoon,
Your file is currently in the scheduling queue to be scheduled for a Citizenship Ceremony. Current wait times are 3-6 months from your granted date, which was January 11, 2022.
Once scheduled, approximately 2 weeks before the date of your scheduled event, you will receive a notification by email with your formal Notice to Appear with details of the date, time, location and documents required for your event. If you are unable to attend your event, please follow the instructions on your Notice to Appear on how to be rescheduled.
If you believe that your case is urgent, you can refer to the following website for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request, and the supporting documents you will need to prove your request is urgent: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Warm Regards,
IRCC Official - CB

Reactions: Inland Refugee

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
I received this as a response today, hopefully will ask them again on Monday about the queue they are referring to. I sent the email to this address : DNCITSRYCEREMONY@cic.gc.ca

Good Afternoon,
Your file is currently in the scheduling queue to be scheduled for a Citizenship Ceremony. Current wait times are 3-6 months from your granted date, which was January 11, 2022.
Once scheduled, approximately 2 weeks before the date of your scheduled event, you will receive a notification by email with your formal Notice to Appear with details of the date, time, location and documents required for your event. If you are unable to attend your event, please follow the instructions on your Notice to Appear on how to be rescheduled.
If you believe that your case is urgent, you can refer to the following website for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request, and the supporting documents you will need to prove your request is urgent: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Warm Regards,
IRCC Official - CB
At least you got a response. I told them it was really urgent and I guess that helped speed things up.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Wow, so many activities in late 2020 applicants group, i was checking Sep-Dec-2020 group and few of the 2021 jan-feb groups are getting their oath invitations already. Why cannot IRCC clear the pending 2018-19 files waiting for oath ceremonies :(

• Sad
Reactions: mrbreizh

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
I was told oath wait is from 3-6 months after DM
Yeah, it doesn't seem very consistent to be honest. I did some quick averaging off the spreadsheet where from Test Complete to Oath was about 6 months (with 4 being Test to DM and 2 being DM to Oath) but there are outliers like the case above.

(Just like last month's outliers from Vancouver who went from Test Complete to DM in little under a month.)

rainbowsweet

Jan 21, 2022

Good Afternoon,
Warm Regards,
IRCC Official - CB
Thanks for sharing, so for Vancouver office the email is
DNCITVANCEREMONY@cic.gc.ca?