+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport Request

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
This thread is for those who got their medical done in 2022 in spousal sponsorship and are waiting for passport request. Please share your experience and thoughts.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
This thread is for those who got their medical done in 2022 in spousal sponsorship and are waiting for passport request. Please share your experience and thoughts.
Is there anyone who after medical this year also got the pasport request?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Have you ready literally any other thread in this forum? Virtually everyone is waiting for their passport request. And yes many people who did their medical this year got their passport request already.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
Have you ready literally any other thread in this forum? Virtually everyone is waiting for their passport request. And yes many people who did their medical this year got their passport request.
This is encouraging that many have already got the approval. Any idea if IRCC is making decisions on the basis of sequence as per the mediacl date or just by random pick and choose?
Have you ready literally any other thread in this forum? Virtually everyone is waiting for their passport request. And yes many people who did their medical this year got their passport request already.
Thanks for the reply.
This is encouraging that many have already got the approval. Any idea if IRCC is making decisions on the basis of sequence as per the mediacl date or just by random pick and choose?

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
Interesting. Hope that there must be some specific standard criteria being applied by IRCC to select the applications to be finalized instead of using discretionary powers in that regard.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Interesting. Hope that there must be some specific standard criteria being applied by IRCC to select the applications to be finalized instead of using discretionary powers in that regard.
It's a decentralized agency with offices in dozens of locations handling very different files. They work with outside agencies for key parts (CBSA, RCMP, CSIS, CRA just for a start - plus foreign partners of some of those agencies). Many of the key staff handle different types of files, some of which have seasonality like student files. They deal with emergencies and changes in government priorities and 'things that come up'. Files mostly get appointed to individual officers who have their own piles of other docs, bosses, varying levels of support staff, vacations, sick leave, etc.

There's no 'criteria to select the applications to be finalized'. It gets assigned to an officer and bosses try to manage, but they're almost certainly not doing it by looking at each file - they've got some portfolio metrics (average processing time, numbers of some types of files, etc).

And none of htis is 'first come first served' (which would be the worst possible system for this because it would mean all files would move as fast as the slowest/most problematic files). Easy simple files get done more quickly, complex ones with more issues - longer, and those with serious issues or dependent on outside partners (who have their own priorities, usually different) to finish their part take even longer.

There's no 'central brain' allocating discretionary resources for each file.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for the detalied reply to make me understand the work and the file progress systema at IRCC. So what I uderstood is that the role of your luck starts (or otherwise) right away once you apply and that goes all the way until you get the passport request.So better to keep praying to Good God until you get PPR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the detalied reply to make me understand the work and the file progress systema at IRCC. So what I uderstood is that the role of your luck starts (or otherwise) right away once you apply and that goes all the way until you get the passport request.So better to keep praying to Good God until you get PPR.
It starts before you apply - when you prepare your app so that everything is simple and clear, or even before that, when you decide to marry/live in such a way that it's easy and simple for the officer (eg lots of time together, photographs, other evidence, etc).

And then - yep, then you wait. But no need to search for some benevolent or malevolent hand trying to help or harm your individual app.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
So can we say that until one's application is rejected, nothing could be done to, at least, know why one particular application is waiting too long (compated to other applicatiins) for a decision? Is there no forum to be approached to request a probe to determine the cause(s) behind the unusual delay?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So can we say that until one's application is rejected, nothing could be done to, at least, know why one particular application is waiting too long (compated to other applicatiins) for a decision? Is there no forum to be approached to request a probe to determine the cause(s) behind the unusual delay?
You allege an 'unusual delay.' On what basis?

You can contact your MP.

You can pay a bunch of money to a lawyer, which will generally be fruitless and a waste of money.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
(I have explained the term 'unusual' delay in my previous post i.e. considerable time passed compared to other applications (which had got decisions already) submitted around the same time as the delayed one.
You realise that other files submitted at the same time may be 'different' than yours?

So one forum is the federal court of Canada
Go for it. Hope you have deep pockets.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
My argument is only that an officer sitting in IRCC should have a definite timeline in front of him to make a decision (whatsoever) on an application. Depending upon the level of complexicity, for example, IRCC can divide all the applications into seven types; each having a max time limit to get a decision. The bureaucracy should not be given absolute powers to sit on an application for an indefinite period of time. That is exactly what happens in third world countries but here we are talking about Canada, one of the most advanced state in the world. I think that is the message we can read between the lines in the federal court decision against IRCC which I referred to in my previous post. Whether it is a matter of family reunion or the start of a new life, time is a crucial factor, I think, in our lives.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My argument is only that an officer sitting in IRCC should have a definite timeline in front of him to make a decision (whatsoever) on an application. Depending upon the level of complexicity, for example, IRCC can divide all the applications into seven types; each having a max time limit to get a decision. The bureaucracy should not be given absolute powers to sit on an application for an indefinite period of time. That is exactly what happens in third world countries but here we are talking about Canada, one of the most advanced state in the world. I think that is the message we can read between the lines in the federal court decision against IRCC which I referred to in my previous post. Whether it is a matter of family reunion or the start of a new life, time is a crucial factor, I think, in our lives.
Okay.