+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for more then a month ??

ssultan

Dec 17, 2008
Hi all,

I am Sohail From Karachi, Pakistan.
Well i have applied for study permit on 20th oct 2008 and got medical letter on 30th oct 2008. After my medicals i re-submitted my passport on 10th Nov 2008. now today is 17th Dec and there is no response from embassy. I even try to call islamabad HC but they said they dont provide information on phone. i have to email them or fax them. ( I already had emailed them on 15 dec asking about my status .. and in auto reply it says they will respond to my email with in 10 days :s means i will get reply on 25th dec.) .. i also fax them yesterday but no reply from there side. what should i do ?? ... i assume that embassy will remain close on 25th dec due to Christmas holidays/new year may be. My classes are starting from 5th of jan and i have to reach there before this date. ?? I dont knw what to do ?? is there any way to know my visa status ??

can any body tell me i am late or is it a normal processing time ??? few of my friends got visa with in a month. but in my case embassy is taking to much time .. my all documents were complete ... so ... i haf no clue why its taking longer ???

Please help u know any thing??

Thank You

borat

Nov 17, 2008
sometimes it takes longer than a month....the best u can do is wait for their reply a.....which uni have u applied to?.....im also waiting for their final decision..........

ssultan

Dec 17, 2008
university of ottawa... its master degree program. .. how long should i wait .. as u know its difficult to get tickets in December due to Christmas and new year holidays and secondly i haf to prepare for my journey as well ... there r lots of other work :( ...
i just wanted to know how much time will it take more .. since 1 month has already passed after medicals test..

borat

Nov 17, 2008
its already gonna b very difficult for u to get a ticket...i would suggest that u book a seat asap and prepare for everything else.....everything's gonna work out...dont worry