+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Medical Request?

oye_hassu

Jun 1, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Hi everyone, I applied for study permit on 13th May and got my biometrics done on 27th May, biometrics were updated the same day on portal however since that i am waiting for medical request and haven't got yet. how long does it takes? My university intake is July and i just have a month to get a decision. is this possible to get it this quick or should i prepare for deferment?
On my tracker account it shows background verification, I lodged my application from Pakistan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I applied for study permit on 13th May and got my biometrics done on 27th May, biometrics were updated the same day on portal however since that i am waiting for medical request and haven't got yet. how long does it takes? My university intake is July and i just have a month to get a decision. is this possible to get it this quick or should i prepare for deferment?
On my tracker account it shows background verification, I lodged my application from Pakistan.
Estimated processing time is 14 weeks. There is some chance your application may be processed sooner however there is also a good chance you will need to defer.

Reactions: oye_hassu
May 24, 2024
how long was the difference of date between biometrics and Medical? Can it be done on the same day? Was it crowded? Do they also take the passport or you have to wait for the decision?

oye_hassu

Jun 1, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Estimated processing time is 14 weeks. There is some chance your application may be processed sooner however there is also a good chance you will need to defer.
Yeah i read it on the portal that the processing time currently is 14 weeks but i am worried with the medical request as i haven't received it yet?

oye_hassu

Jun 1, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
how long was the difference of date between biometrics and Medical? Can it be done on the same day? Was it crowded? Do they also take the passport or you have to wait for the decision?
I am not yet done with the medical, just cleared biometrics and the process was smooth and easy, they just checked the appointment booked and confirmed it with my passport and waited for my turn, the scenario was simple and smooth. as far as your question is concerned than yeah bio and medical can be done if you have booked an upfront medical then yeah it can be.

Reactions: TheMaverick777

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah i read it on the portal that the processing time currently is 14 weeks but i am worried with the medical request as i haven't received it yet?
I'm not sure I understand your question. Ultimately there's really nothing you can do but wait for the various steps in the process. If your visa is not finalized in time, you will need to defer your studies to the next semester.