+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for CEC / passport expire soon

TP168

Jul 6, 2011
Hi everyone,

my situation
-recently applied CEC (2.5 months since application mailed)
-finished undergrad last year and currently working.
-26 year old male from taiwan and not done military
-passport expire in 2 months

I have been in canada for 11 years and would really love to stay. My passport expires in 2 months and not sure if I can renew it because i have not yet serve the military in taiwan. My postgrad working permit expires on the same day as the passport. I need a permit to stay in canada and have some sort of income while waiting for CEC.

Are there any way I can work in canada, perhaps apply for regular working permit but not postgrad working permit. Also, please let me know if there are ways I can still renew my passport.

Any positive advise and suggestion would be helpful. I look forward to hear from you and much appreciated.

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
please get your passport renewed in canada from your country embassy before ur status expires because then u wunt hv any choice but to go back to get ur passport renewed....

HarrySingh

Jan 2, 2013
you should have explored this option few months back.

you can always apply for open bridging work permit(BOWP) if you have a ongoing application for permanent residency in Canada.you are eligible for BOWP as you have you CEC application under processing. But you have to be physically present in Canada on valid visa to apply BOWP.
Also Anything related to visa extension or international travel related thing requires your passport with minimum 6 months of validity.

You have no other choice but to apply for urgent renewal of your passport from your country issuing authority.