+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait or accept OINP ??**Please Advise**

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Hi Experts - My score is 433 and I recently got on OINP invite. I am currently in US and wish to move to Canada by 2017. I have following questions :-

1. Should I accept OINP or can I wait to get ITA invite directly from CIC ?

2. What happens if I don't accept OINP invite ?

3. Will I be eligible for OINP invite next year or in future ?

Thanks !

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
prashantgupta8055 said:
Hi Experts - My score is 433 and I recently got on OINP invite. I am currently in US and wish to move to Canada by 2017. I have following questions :-

Thanks !
If you're not planning to move until 2017 and you mention this in your application too, I'm afraid it won't work in your favour and you'll be wasting $1500. You need to provide an Intent to reside in Ontario and if you fail to do so, your application might be rejected. You may just want to wait a few more months for ITA but still no assurance of when points might drop. They will but not sure when.

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Thanks !..What I meant was that I am not in rush of moving and can wait for another year or so till CIC cutoff comes down. My questions are :-

1. Can I reject OINP invite and wait to get ITA invite directly from CIC without adversely impacting my application?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
If you can move before 2017 then apply for OINP if the quota gets full OINP will give you he nomination next year that would be January.

If you decide to reject OINP invite then also it doesn't impact your EE profile you will still be in the pool.

There is no certainty for future. You will probably need to make another EE profile in order to get another PT from OINP.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
prashantgupta8055 said:
Thanks !..What I meant was that I am not in rush of moving and can wait for another year or so till CIC cutoff comes down. My questions are :-

1. Can I reject OINP invite and wait to get ITA invite directly from CIC without adversely impacting my application?

1. Yes you can reject the OINP invite and this will have no effect on a subsequent ITA from CIC (if you have the necessary points.
2. Nothing specific happens, you are free to accept the invite or submit your application, this is not compulsory
3. I don't have clear information on that but that would be rather surprising (unless you get a new CIC profile) :)

prhelpcanada

Nov 7, 2015
Agree with all response Prashant. It is catch 22 situation.

Not sure if you can travel between US-CAN in 2016 to show your intent to reside in Ontario and not move with bag/baggage. May be that may help.

BTW, what documents does one need to furnish to showcase our intent to reside in Ontario besides checking mark Yes?

Thanks.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
prashantgupta8055 said:
You can accept OINP if you really plan to apply for PR and land ASAP, or you can wait for ITA. In both cases nothing is guarantied.

Nothing. You just won't be nominated with PNP.

No one can answer this question (unless someone has crystal ball). No one can say for sure that will be OINP at all. When it comes to Canadian immigration programs the future is uncertain.

Thanks !