+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wage increase while on closed work permit - need new LMIA/WP?

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Because of COVID and considering a new remote policy where employees can work from anywhere in Canada, my company is adjusting all salaries to be more competitive. This will lead to a substantial increase in my wage (around 20-25%). I'm currently working as a foreign work since last year (Close WP, LMIA required). I also applied for PR via CEC (R10 check done status).

Do I need a new LMIA+WP? How does that impact my PR processing?

thanks

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Because of COVID and considering a new remote policy where employees can work from anywhere in Canada, my company is adjusting all salaries to be more competitive. This will lead to a substantial increase in my wage (around 20-25%). I'm currently working as a foreign work since last year (Close WP, LMIA required). I also applied for PR via CEC (R10 check done status).

Do I need a new LMIA+WP? How does that impact my PR processing?

thanks
You don't need a new LMIA and/or Work Permit for a wage increase, unless your new wage doesn't meet the prevailing wage for your occupation. That said, this is a question you should be asking your workplace.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
You don't need a new LMIA and/or Work Permit for a wage increase, unless your new wage doesn't meet the prevailing wage for your occupation. That said, this is a question you should be asking your workplace.
prevailing wage for your occupation would be the avg wage for the region based on Job Bank?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
prevailing wage for your occupation would be the avg wage for the region based on Job Bank?
The prevailing wage is the highest of the following:

• The median wage on Job Bank
  • The wage that is within the wage range that your employer is paying employees hired for the same job and work location and with the same skills and years of experience

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
The prevailing wage is the highest of the following:

• The median wage on Job Bank
  • The wage that is within the wage range that your employer is paying employees hired for the same job and work location and with the same skills and years of experience
OK, is there any required communication needed from Company or myself to IRCC about the raise? Considering I have a PR CEC application.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
thanks for the prompt reply. Do you know if there is a place where I can get this info "officially"? I can't find in IRCC website.
It's not because I don't trust you, but just to forward my company's HR so they also feel comfortable about the raise right now

nazanintb

Dec 26, 2020
thanks for the prompt reply. Do you know if there is a place where I can get this info "officially"? I can't find in IRCC website.
It's not because I don't trust you, but just to forward my company's HR so they also feel comfortable about the raise right now
Hello, I am in the same situation , I am having a 25% raise on my salary but it is still in the range of the NOC code in british colombia. Did you communicate to IRCC ? did this affect your work permit or PR application?

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello, I am in the same situation , I am having a 25% raise on my salary but it is still in the range of the NOC code in british colombia. Did you communicate to IRCC ? did this affect your work permit or PR application?
I had the same situation and my salary has been revised 3 times since my initial WP. My company's immigration team confirmed there is no need to inform IRCC or get a new WP as long as all conditions on my WP remain the same and the wages are above the median wage.

alal123

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Hi. my employer increased my wage on closed work permit which was received in February 2021 but median wages have gone up after. Will my PR application be in an issue since my wage is now below median wage if I apply on original work permit?