+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VTU transcripts+10th+pre-university certificates assessment from WES (Banglore)

rajdevil3

Feb 22, 2015
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I didn't know who else to contact so I turned to this forum. I wanted to know about submitting the documents to WES to apply for my PR. I have couple of questions here:

1. I have acquired my transcripts from VTU in a sealed envelope to my apartment in Toronto. But when I went to submit the documents (along with my copies of BE degree certificates), they mentioned that the transcripts should be directly coming from VTU and not from me, is this for real? When I contacted VTU university they mentioned that they will not be sending the transcripts to WES directly. What should I do now?

2. For my 10th and my pre-university certificates I don't have any sort of transcripts:
2.1 So, will just the degree certificates will suffice? Can I submit that to WES?
2.2 Should this be attested by some registrar and submit to WES?
2.3 Or, do I need to get my 10th and pre-university certificates assessed to apply for my PR?

Please let me know I'm at loss here and I don't how to move forward.

Thank you.

Feb 2, 2015
rajdevil3 said:
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I didn't know who else to contact so I turned to this forum. I wanted to know about submitting the documents to WES to apply for my PR. I have couple of questions here:

1. I have acquired my transcripts from VTU in a sealed envelope to my apartment in Toronto. But when I went to submit the documents (along with my copies of BE degree certificates), they mentioned that the transcripts should be directly coming from VTU and not from me, is this for real? When I contacted VTU university they mentioned that they will not be sending the transcripts to WES directly. What should I do now?

2. For my 10th and my pre-university certificates I don't have any sort of transcripts:
2.1 So, will just the degree certificates will suffice? Can I submit that to WES?
2.2 Should this be attested by some registrar and submit to WES?
2.3 Or, do I need to get my 10th and pre-university certificates assessed to apply for my PR?

Please let me know I'm at loss here and I don't how to move forward.

Thank you.
Hi,

The transcripts will be in a sealed envelope signed by the registrar. Only that is sufficient . No need for 10th or 12 marks card. I sent the below items to WES and got a successful ECA yesterday

I sent the following docs in a A4 envelope to WES Canada ( reference no on top of envelope was written as well)

1) Plain Copy of Degree certificate- photocopy
2) Sealed envelope of Transcripts from VTU
3) Printout of WES Receipt with Reference Number

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
@ironicaldestiny

Good to see you got ECS done. could you please help by clarifying the below ?

1. How did u get transcripts from VTU ? did u mail them by post ? visited regional office or visited Belgaum office. briefly explain the process you followed.
2. Do we need to send Academic authorization form to WES (document where associate signature and college signature exists) in a sealed envelope along with transcript ?

Thank

Chethan

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Hi Chethan, find the answers inline.

Hope this helps.

Chethan_blr said:
@ ironicaldestiny

Good to see you got ECS done. could you please help by clarifying the below ?

1. How did u get transcripts from VTU ? did u mail them by post ? visited regional office or visited Belgaum office. briefly explain the process you followed.
There are 3 ways of getting your transcripts from VTU:
  • Go to Belgaum with a DD for INR 250.00 (first transcript, and INR 150.00 for every transcript after) and get it in person. You will get it in a day
  • Or go to your nearest VTU Regional office (there is one in Nagarbhavi, Bangalore). Make sure you take your DDs along, fill the form, submit it, and go back in 4-5 days to get it.
  • Get the DDs from a bank, write a letter to the VTU Registrar requesting for transcripts, send it along with a filled application form to VTU, Belgaum.

You will find all the details here at Suresh Jonna's blog (see hot-to-get-transcript-vtu-be) or Google "The Confused Graduate VTU Transcripts". I am not allowed to post links yet, sorry!

2. Do we need to send Academic authorization form to WES (document where associate signature and college signature exists) in a sealed envelope along with transcript ?

Yes, that is right. In fact, that is exactly what "ironicaldestiny" here has done. You can read the details at WES's "Required Academic Documents" web-page:
An extract from the said page:

"If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the university or autonomous college that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES."

Thank

Chethan

Reactions: lok254

nov11

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Hi,

I am beginning to apply for PR in Canada.

I only had 1 query - what are we supposed to do with the "academic records request form" of WES? I am aware that I will be getting the transcripts from VTU in a sealed envelope, still where should I use this form?

Please let me know.