Vsa Refusal for the second time

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
You're 31 years, going for a bachelor's after doing an advanced diploma. Now, is this your first bachelor's, or you have already done one before but trying to change your line of career?

googling the difference between ur advanced diploma and the bachelors you want to read, it came up with this; Hospitality management is a field that focuses on all aspects of hospitality operations including hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, amusement parks, country clubs, and convention centers while tourism management focuses on tourism development, management of the travel industry, tourism marketing, and tourism services.

Again, It is clear from this analysis that hospitality management focuses on just one aspect that is catering to the needs of guests in hotels, resorts, and hospitals, while tourism management is a broader term encompassing a range of activities that includes hospitality.

so, looking at both, it may look similar, but VO sees it differently in a way. That's why the VO stated that;
  • Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history, because your experience and diploma is in hospitality management and not tourism management, so why the change
You have been able to trim the reason for rejection down to 2, so please don't rush to reapply again, instead, order for the GCSM note, to have a clearer view of VO comment, then you know how to tackle it well in your LOE.

All the best.
no this is my first bachelor's

fancy

Feb 8, 2019
Okay, thank you
Hi
Am from SL too applied thru agent gor refused twice recently, last refused date was dec 30th
Same above given reasons.
Im 35 years
Have bachelors degree
Experience
Applied for conestoga college jan intake now confused what to do
Anyone can help

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Hi
Am from SL too applied thru agent gor refused twice recently, last refused date was dec 30th
Same above given reasons.
Im 35 years
Have bachelors degree
Experience
Applied for conestoga college jan intake now confused what to do
Anyone can help
Here everyone says to apply for that GCMS notes from IRCC, I sent my deferral form to the University. To Summer intake. For now I would say that defer the intake

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Simply, the visa officer doubt your story. What a restaurant manager will want to travel halfway across the world to a expensive place to live, spend so much money to study hospitality management in a low tier university?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Simply, the visa officer doubt your story. What a restaurant manager will want to travel halfway across the world to a expensive place to live, spend so much money to study hospitality management in a low tier university?
I read your replies on this forum & you are mostly bullying people. Not everyone understands everything & hence they ask in these forums. You can deliver your message without being harsh, rude or sarcastic.

Reactions: Noman151 and kwab21

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
What does low tier University means? I never heard this before. (English is not my first language) but most people are going for some common courses thn Tourism and Hospitality.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I read your replies on this forum & you are mostly bullying people. Not everyone understands everything & hence they ask in these forums. You can deliver your message without being harsh, rude or sarcastic.
You must realize the visa officers are not fools. You can't just believe that a few words in a SOP can affect the outcome of your study permit application. OP's profile does not really convince immigration that he or she is a genuine student.

That's just the truth on how to get a study permit.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
What does low tier University means? I never heard this before. (English is not my first language) but most people are going for some common courses thn Tourism and Hospitality.
Low tier means the school won't teach you much and you won't learn anything useful from them. Applying to those school won't be seen as a genuine student.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
You must realize the visa officers are not fools. You can't just believe that a few words in a SOP can affect the outcome of your study permit application. OP's profile does not really convince immigration that he or she is a genuine student.

That's just the truth on how to get a study permit.
Totally get it, my concern however was your bullish approach. While I agree VO are not fools, but they clearly are not fault free & can make mistakes as the process is very subjective and is not always quantifiable. Person A applying from country A gets rejected, same person applies from country B with exactly same profile & gets approved. What changed ? Nothing! just the VO reviewing the file looked at the case differently.

So yeah, it is easy to hand out judgements & put people down when they already are feeling low. But takes courage to help them out & see them rise.

Reactions: FSumayah and kwab21

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Guys,

all of you are here to help each other, no reasons to be harsh on anyone. those with refusals, we really feel for them.

While each one of the individual have their own perceptions to study in Canada; similarly VO exercise atmost discretion to approvals

While some may get approval and others dont - although an indentical case; not everyone can fight this up in court given the costs and time.

A small tip from me [been in this industry for 10+ yrs]- no matter what and how u apply; always educate the vo on the why factor
Do not assume they will relate your story - at the end u need a s.p not them. so why not articulate your submissions thoroughly
A refusal is not the end of world; u dont have to feel bad, - work hard to prove you are right

both - urself and vo knows the end intent = immigrate

however respecting temp entry; whether a bonafide intent exists that u will leave canada when requires is what the assessment is on
And for chosen course - logical progression is key - At times it may not - this is when SOP plays strongly on the why factor
unless explained well not gonna pass the desk

good luck folks

Reactions: Noman151 and abinj

prachi167

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Totally get it, my concern however was your bullish approach. While I agree VO are not fools, but they clearly are not fault free & can make mistakes as the process is very subjective and is not always quantifiable. Person A applying from country A gets rejected, same person applies from country B with exactly same profile & gets approved. What changed ? Nothing! just the VO reviewing the file looked at the case differently.

So yeah, it is easy to hand out judgements & put people down when they already are feeling low. But takes courage to help them out & see them rise.
absolutely agree with you. Mine was refused for a reason that has nothing to do with my background at all. My friends who have the same profile as mine and submitted around the same time that I submitted got approval.

Reactions: marmik1617

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Guys,

A small tip from me [been in this industry for 10+ yrs]- no matter what and how u apply; always educate the vo on the why factor
Do not assume they will relate your story - at the end u need a s.p not them. so why not articulate your submissions thoroughly
A refusal is not the end of world; u dont have to feel bad, - work hard to prove you are right

both - urself and vo knows the end intent = immigrate

however respecting temp entry; whether a bonafide intent exists that u will leave canada when requires is what the assessment is on
And for chosen course - logical progression is key - At times it may not - this is when SOP plays strongly on the why factor
unless explained well not gonna pass the desk

good luck folks
Great tips, will keep in mind. Thanks for sharing.

slstu2020

Oct 21, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
06-09-2020
Med's Request
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-01-2021
Sorry to hear your story. But don't get discourage. you can see there are lot of people in this forum whom got refused for twice thrice have received the Visa. My suggestion is next move you need to plan yourself. First order the GCMS notes. Which will take around 30 days to receive. In this document you can read the VO full comments on refusal. This will help you to prove and explain your points in your next application. Age and studies wont be a problem when you prove VO that canadian studies will help you in future career.