23-dec-09
Doc's Request.
17-june-10
IELTS Request
Done in march 2010
File Transfer...
4 june 2010
please help me

in verification call to the firm i am working the call was attended by the the marketing guy of the firm who comes once in a week.
he told that i work in computer department as i sit on computer.

well now the VO people from delhi has sent me letter saying that they have grounds to say that my employment letters are not genuine.

they have also stated that i am misrepresenting my documents or materials . So the section 40(1)a is applicable as well as 40(2).

Above that they have given me 30 days time to explain the above matter.

HELP ME PLEASE :(

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I understand from what you have written that VO did not talk to the person who wrote your reference letter. Was that person not available or did they not request to speak to him? Can you get that person to write you another letter stating that they are more than willing to talk to VO and include the fact that they were not either available or requested to speak when the VO called the office? Can they explain the limited understanding of job duties held by the person with whom they did speak as he was from Marketing and not your supervisor or head of HR.
It must be very stressful for you right now, but they are giving you an opportunity to state your case which is great. Be grateful for that chance and make your point clearly and backed up with the strongest evidence you can provide. All the best.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Pippin said:
I understand from what you have written that VO did not talk to the person who wrote your reference letter. Was that person not available or did they not request to speak to him? Can you get that person to write you another letter stating that they are more than willing to talk to VO and include the fact that they were not either available or requested to speak when the VO called the office? Can they explain the limited understanding of job duties held by the person with whom they did speak as he was from Marketing and not your supervisor or head of HR.
It must be very stressful for you right now, but they are giving you an opportunity to state your case which is great. Be grateful for that chance and make your point clearly and backed up with the strongest evidence you can provide. All the best.
Yes, I second what pippin says.

Good advise Pippin :)

chinjukannan

Aug 2, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-dec-09
Doc's Request.
17-june-10
IELTS Request
Done in march 2010
File Transfer...
4 june 2010
i can provide this letters

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The fact that they believe you misrepresented documents, is something very serious.
I don't think it is just based on one phone call that they arrive at such conclusions. They definitely must have done much more then just this one phone call before sending you out this letter giving reference to the IRPA section for misrepresentation. They work with other agencies too & have a large database of information.

You need to not only clarify whatever transpired on the phone, you also would need to justify the experience documents that you submitted with the full application.
Pls. enclose a written explanation of your work experience with this employer & all other employers too (if applicable) & also get a fresh reference letter from your current employer stating your job & responsibilities at the company (This is very important).

chinjukannan

Aug 2, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-dec-09
Doc's Request.
17-june-10
IELTS Request
Done in march 2010
File Transfer...
4 june 2010
the lady who called from delhi did not reveal her identity.
Our reception person did ask her who she was but she did not reveal.
she told the recp. person that she wanted to inquire about the product which our firm manufactures.
so he transferred her phone to marketing person.

letter from VO states "We spoke to employees of the organization and were informed that u work in IT and not in accounts or finance as stated in employment letters. Based on the inquiry conducted on the telephone I have reasonable grounds to believe that the employment letters are not genuine and that you do not work in the stated occupation"

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinjukannan said:
the lady who called from delhi did not reveal her identity.
Our reception person did ask her who she was but she did not reveal.
she told the recp. person that she wanted to inquire about the product which our firm manufactures.
so he transferred her phone to marketing person.

letter from VO states "We spoke to employees of the organization and were informed that u work in IT and not in accounts or finance as stated in employment letters. Based on the inquiry conducted on the telephone I have reasonable grounds to believe that the employment letters are not genuine and that you do not work in the stated occupation"
That is very disturbing, if VO is jumping to this extreme conclusion based on one phone call.
You can state that the person who received the call wasn't qualified enough to handle the query & as such the right person to contact is "xyz" (somebody very senior in the organization) giving his/her telephone number.
Also send all documents as suggested earlier.

Jessy.Joseph

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 8, 2010
AOR Received.
March 8, 2010
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
March 15, 2010
Med's Request
March 3, 2011 (Received on March 9)
My work also verified, but it was enquired with the HR Manager.

Explanation letter with some proof of your job such as Photo ID card or Employee register or any other proof will be good to attach with the letter.

JJ