+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VO Concern regarding IELTS

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Speak with the center to issue covering letter to attest the results. I dont think there is any other way you can do. By the way, notarized ielts was the requirement?
i dont think ielts results should be notarized. ircc has ielts verification portal like other colleges and universities to verify test results
https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/ielts-trf/index.jsp

the fairness letter was sent because i think the results were not submitted or existed in the ielts system. at this case . they should go to the testing center and solve the issue

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
i dont think ielts results should be notarized. ircc has ielts verification portal like other colleges and universities to verify test results
https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/ielts-trf/index.jsp

the fairness letter was sent because i think the results were not submitted or existed in the ielts system. at this case . they should go to the testing center and solve the issue
Hey thanks for your response
Pardon me but I didn't understand who should go to the testing centre . Should it be me ? . However that's not my fault if they can't find the result, because in my portal I can find the results . I'm really
stressed regarding this . Is it better to take an RCIC advice before proceeding?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Hey thanks for your response
Pardon me but I didn't understand who should go to the testing centre . Should it be me ? . However that's not my fault if they can't find the result, because in my portal I can find the results . I'm really
stressed regarding this . Is it better to take an RCIC advice before proceeding?
i was talking about you. i think yo went there already and confirmed it.

imo. if your ielts test result form is verifiable and your testing center confirmed it. then i think there is a mistake from ircc side. explain the matter to them with TRF form and letter from the center ou went to. this is so stressing and unfortunate. it rarely happens.

Raman32

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hello there

Thanks for responding

You are right. My IELTS from 2018 got expired in 2020. Hence I took again in 2021 and got same score of 7.5. This time around I have shared the test I took in April 2021 for there reference. Also I am aware of the fact that they can check the Validity of my IELTS test through BC Validation portal .However I'm very confused why the VO thinks its not being genuine. I spoke with BC executives and also mailed them. They said from there end everything is fine and I believe it because even now I can see my results being displayed on my IELTS Profile.

So what can be done here?. the VO officer has given an window of 10 days for me to respond. Can I respond with my TRF again with an brief explanation letter along with my registration details from the BC website?. Will it prove the genuineness. Apart from this I can't do much.
Did you submit a request for eor( Enquiry on Result)?. Bz when we submit a request then theu hold our result.

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
i was talking about you. i think yo went there already and confirmed it.

imo. if your ielts test result form is verifiable and your testing center confirmed it. then i think there is a mistake from ircc side. explain the matter to them with TRF form and letter from the center ou went to. this is so stressing and unfortunate. it rarely happens.
Thanks for your reply

I have received an correspondence letter along with my TRF from my center . And yesterday I spoke one of the RCIC Consultant and they verified my IELTS result in the database of British Council. So now I have a strong belief that all my results are intact and there is no misrepresentation from my part. Hopefully I will reply back to the VO Query with all these attachments and wait for their decision

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Everyone on this forum,

Good day and hope everyone are safe.

Recently I received an Procedural fairness letter form in my IRCC account. Inside that letter the following points were mentioned/

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation. I have grounds to believe the IELTS test report form that you submitted in support of your application was not genuinely obtained.

Could someone on this forum please explain what is the reason for this?. I would be really grateful.

Regarding IELTS.
I have genuinely applied for IELTS in the month of April and have obtained an overall score of 7.5. I have sent my IELTS form getting attested it with Government Notarization and have applied it under Client information section. Why does the VO think its not genuine? How can I make them believe that I am being Genuine without misrepresenting my documents?

Thankful for your consideration and time
This is strange, they have the tools to verify the certificate's authenticity. I believe they must be checking them thoroughly before sending a note out to the applicant. If you believe you have taken IELTS from an authorized center and your TRF is genuine then you can confidently go back to them with your finding. Check with the center if they can provide some additional documents to confirm the same.

Also please do not unncessasarily notarize all documents. They are not required and this might have raised suspicion.

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
This is strange, they have the tools to verify the certificate's authenticity. I believe they must be checking them thoroughly before sending a note out to the applicant. If you believe you have taken IELTS from an authorized center and your TRF is genuine then you can confidently go back to them with your finding. Check with the center if they can provide some additional documents to confirm the same.

Also please do not unncessasarily notarize all documents. They are not required and this might have raised suspicion.
Thanks for your reply

As stated along this thread I have taken the IELTS test genuinely . Along with you some other members stated that probably Notarizing an IELTS Documents was not an good Idea and probably was a mistake on my part. Apart from this I can't find anything else that might have gone wrong. I spoke with a RISIA and RCIC consultants and they said it was unfortunate on my part to get PFL and advised me to draft an explanation letter precisely. Hopefully I can do that and convince the VO.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks for your reply

As stated along this thread I have taken the IELTS test genuinely . Along with you some other members stated that probably Notarizing an IELTS Documents was not an good Idea and probably was a mistake on my part. Apart from this I can't find anything else that might have gone wrong. I spoke with a RISIA and RCIC consultants and they said it was unfortunate on my part to get PFL and advised me to draft an explanation letter precisely. Hopefully I can do that and convince the VO.
I can only say one thing. If you are right, they cant turn you down. Just reply with confidence on all the data you have. You can always go via the judicial route if they dismiss you unfairly. They have been overwhelmed with work so strong chances that this is all a mistake. I'm sorry this happened to you, I can understand how mentally disturbing this can get. Hopefully, all gets sorted for you without the need for further stress.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Thanks for your reply

I have received an correspondence letter along with my TRF from my center . And yesterday I spoke one of the RCIC Consultant and they verified my IELTS result in the database of British Council. So now I have a strong belief that all my results are intact and there is no misrepresentation from my part. Hopefully I will reply back to the VO Query with all these attachments and wait for their decision
good. i think you are fine to go. attach everything you did and write detailed explanation to VO. you will be fine

Reactions: Suzdee8197

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Just a quick question to the members

I am ready with my explanation letter. I have attached all the documents ranging from my Original TRF , Correspondence letter which I got with my TRF (in which it is specified about my Test taking Center), The Snapshot of my results being verified from the Verification Portal of British Council( This was done by my university when i reached out to them regarding my issue), along with the snapshots of my registration credentials and Test result on British council website. Finally an Correspondence mail from British council and there reply when I escalated this issue with them.

My query is Can I share my IELTS credentials (such as Login ID) in the explanation letter to the VO, so that they might get even a clear picture of the situation which would help in proving my Genuineness

P.S. I know I am going extra Mile , as where the VO can Verify the credentials using Verification portal and these are not required. However since my case being very strange and Confusing I don't want to leave no stones unturned .

A reply from the community would be really helpful

Reactions: DesiPikachu

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Just a quick question to the members

I am ready with my explanation letter. I have attached all the documents ranging from my Original TRF , Correspondence letter which I got with my TRF (in which it is specified about my Test taking Center), The Snapshot of my results being verified from the Verification Portal of British Council( This was done by my university when i reached out to them regarding my issue), along with the snapshots of my registration credentials and Test result on British council website. Finally an Correspondence mail from British council and there reply when I escalated this issue with them.

My query is Can I share my IELTS credentials (such as Login ID) in the explanation letter to the VO, so that they might get even a clear picture of the situation which would help in proving my Genuineness

P.S. I know I am going extra Mile , as where the VO can Verify the credentials using Verification portal and these are not required. However since my case being very strange and Confusing I don't want to leave no stones unturned .

A reply from the community would be really helpful
I think what you have should suffice. No need to share your login credentials. Good luck and please keep up posted.

Reactions: Simba112

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello Everyone on this forum,

Good day and hope everyone are safe.

Recently I received an Procedural fairness letter form in my IRCC account. Inside that letter the following points were mentioned/

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation. I have grounds to believe the IELTS test report form that you submitted in support of your application was not genuinely obtained.

Could someone on this forum please explain what is the reason for this?. I would be really grateful.

Regarding IELTS.
I have genuinely applied for IELTS in the month of April and have obtained an overall score of 7.5. I have sent my IELTS form getting attested it with Government Notarization and have applied it under Client information section. Why does the VO think its not genuine? How can I make them believe that I am being Genuine without misrepresenting my documents?

Thankful for your consideration and time
Okay, first things first. Notary or certified true copy of any document unless done in Canada carries NO weightage for VO, because, well, your own country's notary are not under Canadian legal jurisdiction. So, give the VO what they ask for and nothing else in substitute, it will just confuse them.

Given that it was a copy that you submitted might have triggered that particular response. There is NO way of knowing that unless you get the GCMS notes which takes 30 days. So, you cannt do it right now.

Now, most of IELTS centre etc capture your picture and fingerprints which can actually authenticate your identity. Another chance is that your physical appearance has undergone some significant change. Like you picture in your primary photo id, photo sent to IRCC and your TRF are significantly different. I know situations like this have arisen for few folks elsewhere and it was due to a particular software being used by visa offices.

What you need to include is a copy of your original TRF (as per IRCC specs) and also a statement if available from IDP or BC about your TRF. The VO should have a means to verify your TRF.

Lastly, order your GCMS notes right now instead of waiting for results. You will come to know what triggered the suspicion perhaps.

Last edited:

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Okay, first things first. Notary or certified true copy of any document unless done in Canada carries NO weightage for VO, because, well, your own country's notary are not under Canadian legal jurisdiction. So, give the VO what they ask for and nothing else in substitute, it will just confuse them.

Given that it was a copy that you submitted might have triggered that particular response. There is NO way of knowing that unless you get the GCMS notes which takes 30 days. So, you cannt do it right now.

Now, most of IELTS centre etc capture your picture and fingerprints which can actually authenticate your identity. Another chance is that your physical appearance has undergone some significant change. Like you picture in your primary photo id, photo sent to IRCC and your TRF are significantly different. I know situations like this have arisen for few folks elsewhere and it was due to a particular software being used by visa offices.

What you need to include is a copy of your original TRF (as per IRCC specs) and also a statement if available from IDP or BC about your TRF.
Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately as you have said I can't order GCMS notes since the window provided by IRCC is just 10 days. But this time around I am sending them an clear scanned Version of my IELTS result(which I took in April of this year) along with correspondence letter from my center. Also I have attached my registration details with British council to provide a clear picture. Hope that should suffice. I will order the GCMS and hope for the best.

Last edited: