+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VO Concern regarding IELTS

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Hello Everyone on this forum,

Good day and hope everyone are safe.

Recently I received an Procedural fairness letter form in my IRCC account. Inside that letter the following points were mentioned/

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation. I have grounds to believe the IELTS test report form that you submitted in support of your application was not genuinely obtained.

Could someone on this forum please explain what is the reason for this?. I would be really grateful.

Regarding IELTS.
I have genuinely applied for IELTS in the month of April and have obtained an overall score of 7.5. I have sent my IELTS form getting attested it with Government Notarization and have applied it under Client information section. Why does the VO think its not genuine? How can I make them believe that I am being Genuine without misrepresenting my documents?

Thankful for your consideration and time

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello Everyone on this forum,

Good day and hope everyone are safe.

Recently I received an Procedural fairness letter form in my IRCC account. Inside that letter the following points were mentioned/

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation. I have grounds to believe the IELTS test report form that you submitted in support of your application was not genuinely obtained.

Could someone on this forum please explain what is the reason for this?. I would be really grateful.

Regarding IELTS.
I have genuinely applied for IELTS in the month of April and have obtained an overall score of 7.5. I have sent my IELTS form getting attested it with Government Notarization and have applied it under Client information section. Why does the VO think its not genuine? How can I make them believe that I am being Genuine without misrepresenting my documents?

Thankful for your consideration and time
Speak with the center to issue covering letter to attest the results. I dont think there is any other way you can do. By the way, notorized ielts was the requirement?

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Speak with the center to issue covering letter to attest the results. I dont think there is any other way you can do. By the way, notorized ielts was the requirement?
Thanks for the reply and advice. I had notarized the IELTS TRF just to be on the safer side . However still they have doubts relating to it. I will contact my center regarding it .

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Firstly, you do not need to get Government Notarization on your Test Report Form.
Secondly, IRCC could verify the authenticity of your Test Report Form via https://www.ielts.org/for-organisations/processing-and-verifying-ielts-results
And by somewhat, they could not find your result. You might need to check with your local IDP/BC about your Test Report Form.

I spoke with IELTS people and they said everything is fine from there end , and they have the result in there database. I can't understand how the VO was not able to verify the results . Maybe I will try to write an mail to BC to get an official confirmation regarding this situation. Once again thanks for your advice

Reactions: lamnt0702

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
You are probably raising suspicion by notarizing a document which is not necessary
Ohh is it? I thought it the other way around, getting notarized would make an VO feel it is genuine. Thanks for letting me know I am just waiting for a response from BC. Once I get there response I might get the clear picture of what went wrong

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Ohh is it? I thought it the other way around, getting notarized would make an VO feel it is genuine. Thanks for letting me know I am just waiting for a response from BC. Once I get there response I might get the clear picture of what went wrong
No bro, IELTS operating by BC, IDP, and Cambridge are worldwide/well-known, you do not need to do anything with their certificates, just a scanned (high DPI) version of your authentic TRF would be enough.

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
No bro, IELTS operating by BC, IDP, and Cambridge are worldwide/well-known, you do not need to do anything with their certificates, just a scanned (high DPI) version of your authentic TRF would be enough.
Well I know it, but I'm bit skeptical now because earlier too I had sent a good resolution scanned copy for their reference. but still the VO was not satisfied about it(As you have pointed out it might be due to notarization). Again if I just send the same copy I am scared they might think I have misrepresented the Document intentionally and might make me inadmissible for 5 years (even though I am not being fraudulent here). So to be safe, I have already mailed the Cambridge Institute(BC) and once they reply back. I will attach that mail along with my TRF explaining the circumstances briefly . Thanks again for your suggestion.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Well I know it, but I'm bit skeptical now because earlier too I had sent a good resolution scanned copy for their reference. but still the VO was not satisfied about it(As you have pointed out it might be due to notarization). Again if I just send the same copy I am scared they might think I have misrepresented the Document intentionally and might make me inadmissible for 5 years (even though I am not being fraudulent here). So to be safe, I have already mailed the Cambridge Institute(BC) and once they reply back. I will attach that mail along with my TRF explaining the circumstances briefly . Thanks again for your suggestion.
Your situation is quite confusing.

- You took IELTS in 2018 and scored 7.5 overall. This test is already expired.
- You took another test in April 2021 and scored same 7.5 overall. This new test is not being disputed by VO?

This is strange because the VO can easily verify your test online (directly on the test operator's website) using your test reference number. If no result is returned, then something untoward is happening.

Doesn't matter whether you submitted a notarised copy or not. VO doesn't rely on the copy you submitted, they verify directly with IELTS.

Reactions: Aesopzai

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Your situation is quite confusing.

- You took IELTS in 2018 and scored 7.5 overall. This test is already expired.
- You took another test in April 2021 and scored same 7.5 overall. This new test is not being disputed by VO?

This is strange because the VO can easily verify your test online (directly on the test operator's website) using your test reference number. If no result is returned, then something untoward is happening.

Doesn't matter whether you submitted a notarised copy or not. VO doesn't rely on the copy you submitted, they verify directly with IELTS.
Hello there

Thanks for responding

You are right. My IELTS from 2018 got expired in 2020. Hence I took again in 2021 and got same score of 7.5. This time around I have shared the test I took in April 2021 for there reference. Also I am aware of the fact that they can check the Validity of my IELTS test through BC Validation portal .However I'm very confused why the VO thinks its not being genuine. I spoke with BC executives and also mailed them. They said from there end everything is fine and I believe it because even now I can see my results being displayed on my IELTS Profile.

So what can be done here?. the VO officer has given an window of 10 days for me to respond. Can I respond with my TRF again with an brief explanation letter along with my registration details from the BC website?. Will it prove the genuineness. Apart from this I can't do much.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello there

Thanks for responding

You are right. My IELTS from 2018 got expired in 2020. Hence I took again in 2021 and got same score of 7.5. This time around I have shared the test I took in April 2021 for there reference. Also I am aware of the fact that they can check the Validity of my IELTS test through BC Validation portal .However I'm very confused why the VO thinks its not being genuine. I spoke with BC executives and also mailed them. They said from there end everything is fine and I believe it because even now I can see my results being displayed on my IELTS Profile.

So what can be done here?. the VO officer has given an window of 10 days for me to respond. Can I respond with my TRF again with an brief explanation letter along with my registration details from the BC website?. Will it prove the genuineness. Apart from this I can't do much.
Send the TRF again as well as the correspondences with the IELTS test provider. If VO still penalises you for false representation then you have a good case for judicial review.

Reactions: Suzdee8197