+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vital information about CAIPS / GCMS notes!

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All!

I am here after a long time but I want to share some vital info about CAIPs / GCMS notes as I have ordered it 3 times myself.

1) First of all whenever you order CAIPS / GCMS your visa office gets informed and it is noted in the same notes and you can see this entry in next notes in incoming correspondence but there are no adverse affects and you can order as many times as you like.

2) Some info can be hidden or omitted from your notes as it is according to their act that some info is exempted from release under access of information act 16(1)(c) or 15(1) or 19(1) etc.. So whenever you get CAIPS / GCMS email or letter first check if they have talked about any act like 15(1) or 16(1)(c) etc and if it is so then it is for sure that some info can be omitted or hidden from your notes and you can observe a whitener be placed on some parts of notes.

I have seen for people whose job verification was done and who had concerns about their files received this kind of GCMS email

"The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act."

It was interesting to see that in first GCMS notes before verification of job all the concerns were hidden under section 16(1)(C) and 15(1) and once the job verification was done then in next notes they had uncovered the concerns ;). So if you receive email like above be prepared they have concerns about your file which they are hiding.

I hope the above helps people in sorting out CAIPS / GCMS.

Thank you all for reading this............

mikcanada

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2011
File Transfer...
may 2011
Med's Request
august 2011,Remedicals request oct12
Med's Done....
sept 2011,Nov.12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 Jan 2013 Alhamdolillah,ppr2 19 feb 2013 Allah ka shukar
VISA ISSUED...
28 feb. 2013 shukar Alhamdolillah
LANDED..........
Inshallah immidiately after visa
Thanks cocknbull for a very informative post, I've ordered gcms hope it helps me a lot in understanding those notes.regards
mikcanada

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Yes I have noticed that they covered the information about security verification in my GCMS notes.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikcanada said:
Thanks cocknbull for a very informative post, I've ordered gcms hope it helps me a lot in understanding those notes.regards
mikcanada
No problems...Thank you also... :D

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I have come across this issue as well. The first set of notes I got was complete. The second set had something removed. I called the number that was given to me with the cover letter explaining what I could do if I had a complaint. The person I spoke with asked if there could have been another person's name involved with the file. She said she would look into my enquiry and get back to me. Within 24 hours I had another email with a brief note saying that the notes had been reviewed and there was no reason why there should have been anything removed and a full copy of the notes was attached. The irony was, when I saw what had been removed, I agreed that it SHOULD have remained removed. It had no impact on the file, but it was really nice to know what it was so I could let it go.

T

tulip99

i had ordered caips bt instead they send me foss notes of 2 pages? what cud be the reason behind this? i talked to them n they this all information they have regarding this file.... n foss notes had info regarding initial application only.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
I have come across this issue as well. The first set of notes I got was complete. The second set had something removed. I called the number that was given to me with the cover letter explaining what I could do if I had a complaint. The person I spoke with asked if there could have been another person's name involved with the file. She said she would look into my enquiry and get back to me. Within 24 hours I had another email with a brief note saying that the notes had been reviewed and there was no reason why there should have been anything removed and a full copy of the notes was attached. The irony was, when I saw what had been removed, I agreed that it SHOULD have remained removed. It had no impact on the file, but it was really nice to know what it was so I could let it go.
Hi!

Thanks for this info. Did they talk that some info is exempted from release under act 15(1) or 19(1)(c) in your cover letter that was given with 2nd set of notes ? Without revealing the actual info can you give an idea what kind of info was hidden initially and later viewable in 2nd set of notes on your complaint ? Was it related to some kind of security dates (start or due date) or some concerns about your file? The thing is if they hide info under act 15(1) or 19(1)(C) then they have the right to do so and you can't complain and why they made it viewable if they hid under these acts in first place ?

It would be nice of you if you answer above questions.

Thanks

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Does anybody know what HIRV means in the GCMS notes?

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
March, 08, 2013, Received April 08, 2013
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1: September 02, 2013, PPR2: October 30, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Hi:

Anybody knows what is this LFBC?

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Any Idea what S.19(1) implies, its on page 37 on visa officers NOTES page along with S.15(1)

I hope S.19(1) doesnt have anything to do with verification...please advise...

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Knight_Crusader said:
Any Idea what S.19(1) implies, its on page 37 on visa officers NOTES page along with S.15(1)

I hope S.19(1) doesnt have anything to do with verification...please advise...
Hi!

Yes s19(1) has got nothing to do with verification. I have seen that in many notes. You will be ok. Only S16(1)(c) is dangerous and implies verification. Thanks

Reactions: Kamal91

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/inv_inv-gui-ati_gui-inv-ati_section_19.aspx

or

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/FullText.html

Section 19 - Personal Information

The Provision:

19(1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains personal information as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act.

Section 16 - Law Enforcement & Investigations - Security

16(1)(c)

information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

Section 15-International affairs and defence

15. (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Thanks for this info. Did they talk that some info is exempted from release under act 15(1) or 19(1)(c) in your cover letter that was given with 2nd set of notes ? Without revealing the actual info can you give an idea what kind of info was hidden initially and later viewable in 2nd set of notes on your complaint ? Was it related to some kind of security dates (start or due date) or some concerns about your file? The thing is if they hide info under act 15(1) or 19(1)(C) then they have the right to do so and you can't complain and why they made it viewable if they hid under these acts in first place ?

It would be nice of you if you answer above questions. Thanks
Stumbled across your request belatedly. The material that was originally deleted turned out to be internal contact information. I must say that I was relieved just to "know" what they removed and that it had no bearing on the application. As I believe they were right to redact this in the first place, I would never use or reveal that information in future.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Stumbled across your request belatedly. The material that was originally deleted turned out to be internal contact information. I must say that I was relieved just to "know" what they removed and that it had no bearing on the application. As I believe they were right to redact this in the first place, I would never use or reveal that information in future.
Thanks much Pippin for late but useful reply... :)