+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visting visa for spouses and change later into work visa

Nabarajluitel

May 3, 2024
Hi i am international student. From new rules if i apply as spouses visa then there is no work permit. What if i apply my spouse as visiting visa. When i change my study permit to post work permit after finishing study at that time is my spouse will get work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi i am international student. From new rules if i apply as spouses visa then there is no work permit. What if i apply my spouse as visiting visa. When i change my study permit to post work permit after finishing study at that time is my spouse will get work permit.
If you are applying for spouse to come as visitor, you will need to show POF for 2 people under study permit guidelines. She may be eligible for SOWP if you have a job. IRCC hasn’t changed or announced changes to PGWP requirements.

Nabarajluitel

May 3, 2024
If you are applying for spouse to come as visitor, you will need to show POF for 2 people under study permit guidelines. She may be eligible for SOWP if you have a job. IRCC hasn’t changed or announced changes to PGWP requirements.
I mean i am in study permit now after 8 months i will apply for pgwp so if she got visiting visa and come to canada and when i apply for pgwp can she also get work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean i am in study permit now after 8 months i will apply for pgwp so if she got visiting visa and come to canada and when i apply for pgwp can she also get work permit
For a TRV, she needs to show ties to return (job letter with approved leave, income property etc.), travel history and funds. She can come to Canada and if you are eligible for a PGWP then she can apply for SOWP.