+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitors visa denied

AnaBA

Jun 10, 2015
I am Canadian as well as my 2 children. My parents live in Canada and we want to visit this summer. Me and the kids will stay for one month and my husband for 2 weeks as he has to come back to work. He is from Argentina, and we all live in Buenos Aires. We have been here for almost 7 years; and he was already granted a visitors visa in 2011, he went to Canada twice during that period, never overstaying. We applied again for a visitors visa for him at the end of May and today we got the message that his visa was refused. I am freaking out! I can't visit my parents as a family! and we already bought the tickets! The reasons were: Family ties in Canada and country of residence; purpose of visit and the fact that he has a prior US immigration violation (which he does have and that was informed the first time he applied for a visa in 2011). I sent all paper work requested, he owns a business; we own a home, a car, our kids go to school here... not sure what else I can send to prove he is coming back... is there a way this can be done in person? get an interview with a real human being? HELP!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately you can't request an interview or apply in person.

Your only option is to apply again and try to provide stronger proof of his ties to his home country.

AnaBA

Jun 10, 2015
Thank you! what do you suggest I present when we reapply? What I already sent is: bank statements, paystubs, our children's tuition payments; all of these for the last 4 months. The business contract where my husband is listed as one of the 3 owners. A letter from my dad stating we will be staying with them for that particular period. Our plane tickets. copies of his current and older passports. copy of our marriage certificate. the family information form. Could I ask my kids' school to write a letter? should I send a copy of our home's title? our car's? I am truly desperate, I can't believe we cannot spend a 2 week vacation as a family with my parents... does this mean he is never going to be able to travel? my mom's health is a bit fragile and she cannot make the trip down here... this is kind of shocking... please help me, if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it, I'm a bit lost and am not sure what to do. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - I would definitely include the title / deed to your house. Since the priori US immigration violations seem to be an issue, you may want to comment on these in more detail in a cover letter and provide an explanation (if he was removed from the US, I assume you mentioned this information in the last visa application - as well as the one back from 2011). When you reapply - make sure you also declare the recent visitor visa refusal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MissA said:
Hi Scylla , can you elaborate on the prior US immigration violation issue please?
I don't understand your question. The OP said her husband has a US immigration violation. I have no idea what that violoation is. I suggested that she explain this violation in detail and the reasons behind it when she reapplies.

Hopefulbean14

Jun 28, 2015
Hi,

You would need to elaborate more on the US violation to the Canadian embassy so they understand the nature of this and consider all aspects of your application.

sush125

Jul 5, 2015
I have applied for visitor visa to visit my brother (cousin) staying in Canada for 2 months as a vacation and it was rejected due to following reason

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. Your travel history

2. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

3. Your personal assets and financial status

4. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I want to apply again I want your help if any other additional documents might be required that i have not included please let me know.

The following are the documents that i have submitted.
Bank statement with 10,000 cad fund , employment letter and leave sanction letter (to be specific I am a government job holder) ,included property details which are registered on my name , brothers invitation letter along with his financial details , my income tax returns for past two years.

I also have a bond with my employer for 5 years (i have not sent this for visa application)
I am also post graduate and i am not married.

Kindly let me know what other forms i need to include in my next application.