+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa was refused for cousin's family

Danushaaaa

Jul 11, 2019
I totally agree on before applying canada TRV visa, request from your cousin the real reason behind his refusal on POE by the US immigration officer.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
@Jets13 , @canuck78

Do you think hiring an immigration lawyer and presenting a case would help or do you have any suggestions?
It might help, but only because a lawyer/consultant can help you understand the details of the case, and give you examples of how similar cases went. A good lawyer/consultant should have dealt with such cases before and can give you some clarity on the subject.

They can draft a letter to IRCC, pointing out similarities between your cousin's case and other cases where people got visas. They can't guarantee a visa.

However, all this is only possible if you get the real story of the deportation. Without that, a lawyer/consultant will be unable to help as well.

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
So I called my cousin and he said basically officer put him in the interview room and asked him whether he has intentions of working here or not. He said few times "NO" to them but they made a pressure on him that you will be banned or put him behind the bars it doesn't say the truth and in that scary part he agreed that he came for work and signed his paperwork to deport him back and entry of refusal.
I agree with him anyone can get panic and do such thing so at least he gets home safe.

So now what option do we have?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I called my cousin and he said basically officer put him in the interview room and asked him whether he has intentions of working here or not. He said few times "NO" to them but they made a pressure on him that you will be banned or put him behind the bars it doesn't say the truth and in that scary part he agreed that he came for work and signed his paperwork to deport him back and entry of refusal.
I agree with him anyone can get panic and do such thing so at least he gets home safe.

Does he have a ban from the US? Not much you can do for a while. He signed a document that said he was planning on remaining in the US to work. If he wants to visit Canada there will be concerns he will do the same. It will likely take years for him to allow to visit especially with his whole family.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016

I think he is not being entirely truthful, they likely found some indication that he had intentions to work, maybe his cv or other education certificates. You really think the US was going to put him behind bars? For what....being accused of lying? Doesn't make sense. In the end he agreed he came to work, you think Canada will believe that the US coerced him and forced him to say that? No chance.

Reactions: canuck78

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

You can still apply, but it's quite likely that he will be denied. You will have to explain the circumstances of his deportation from the US, and Canada will also have access to the files from the US so they can double check. Don't say stuff like "he was forced to sign" etc. It's best to be completely honest - making a mistake some years ago isn't necessarily a ban for life.

He'll have to show very strong ties to India to even stand a chance, and since you say his family is going to travel as well, it may be difficult.

Still, no harm in applying. The worst that will happen is that he will be denied (assuming you are completely honest in the application, of course, if you don't tell the truth you can be banned), and then he's no worse off than he is right now.

galaxys0

Aug 15, 2018
I think your cousin is quite clearly lying or not telling the whole story.

When he applies, the Canadian visa officer will have access to all the documentation relative to his refusal to entry from the USA and the ban from the USA. That means he will likely get rejected unless he has a very strong case to enter Canada and very strong ties to India and lots of years have passed since he was 'deported' from the USA. That coupled with the fact that his immediate family will not remain in India and travel with him instead, means he will 99% get rejected.

Start him from asking for how many years he got a ban from the USA.

The best thing you can do right now is contacting a US lawyer dealing with such things so he can request all the files and documentation relative to your cousin's refusal/deportation, and start this whole process again.

Hire a good laywer and go from there. It's your only chance imo.